'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trailer wash

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2013-08-11 12:21 PM
7 replies, 7672 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

B. Casey
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2013-07-15 10:07 AM (#153361)
Subject: Trailer wash

Needing

Need some ideas of what trailer wash that wokrs and would be good to use at home. Have a alum. 3 horse C&C w/LQ... and 2 of the windows in the horse area have started leaking,  one of the roof vents  in the horse part too...any ideas?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Bhill
Reg. May 2013
Posted 2013-07-15 12:49 PM (#153362 - in reply to #153361)
Subject: RE: Trailer wash

Veteran

I recently bought a couple products from Streakmaster. They seem to work very well, albeit it can take a little work to clean up a neglected trailer with black streaks on painted surfaces. Whatever product you buy.. make sure it is compatible with the materials your trailer is constructed out of. In other words don't use a acid wash on painted or polished aluminum surfaces. See link>>>>>>http://www.streakmaster.com
PDGx
Reg. Jul 2011
Posted 2013-07-15 4:14 PM (#153364 - in reply to #153361)

Veteran

As a suggestion, unless you have a lot of time on your hands - you have a Blue Beacon Truck wash over in Portage. Here has been a lot of discussion about what can and should be used on aluminum trailers. Ours is a combination of bare aluminum, polished al nose, and painted middle section on the sides, with a lot of decals. The Blue Beacon aluminum wash/polish will make a dull/chalky aluminum trailer look like new. I have ours done about once a year, and everyone thinks its a new trailer, but it's 12 years old. Our 4 horse w/ LQ just cost $30.50 last month ($14.00 for the truck if you also want it done) It takes them about 15 minutes. It takes 45 minutes to get to our closest one, but Well worth it. There's no way I could polish it in 2 hours for $30 and have it look this good. If you have a couple of leaks that you can seal ahead of time even if temporarily, you will be impressed with the job they do. Might be worth trying them out before you spend $ and time on your own. Just my opinion.
Linda Y
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2013-07-16 7:56 AM (#153375 - in reply to #153361)

Extreme Veteran

Wish we had one of those washes here!
I use the Streakmaster products, and they work great. Elbow grease is the only other thing you will need to apply.
Lazy M
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2013-08-11 9:23 AM (#153935 - in reply to #153361)

Regular

HiPDGx had said that he uses Blue Beacon truck wash to do a wash/polish on his bare aluminum trailer with decals which is the type that I also have and I would take to take it to them and have this done. My question is what I should ask for, Blue Beacon has a citrus wash. Is this what I need? Also, would they do a wax polish and is that what would be appropriate for my trailer? ThanksJoan
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2013-08-11 10:45 AM (#153937 - in reply to #153361)

Expert

Blue Beacon knows what to use... Last time I was there there was probably $3 million dollars worth of RV's in the line ahead of me, all looked like new when pulling out of the exit..

Theres three truck washes (Blue Beacon, I-80 and I forget what the other one is called, all at the same exit)  within a stones throw of our farm, I never intend on washing a truck or trailer with that long handle brush ever again...!!

Blue Beacon to drench the whole rig in Rain-X for a nominal fee..  http://www.bluebeacon.com/RVMotorCoachWashing/RVMotorcoachWashPrices/

Edit... They don't do horse trailer wash outs, even if it's already clean they won't wash the aluminum floor with the Brightner or Citrus Wash... EPA thing I guess.

Edited by retento 2013-08-11 10:48 AM
Lazy M
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2013-08-11 11:11 AM (#153939 - in reply to #153361)

Regular

RetentoThanks for the reply. I called the Blue Beacon in my area and was told they do a high pressure wash instead of hand washing. Is that going to be detrimental to the painted part and to the decals? Also, an acid wash was recommended as I have the milled or unpolished aluminum, he said the citrus wash was for the polished type of aluminum. Again, acid wash okay for paint and decals? I thought I may have read on this site that acid wash was not the best way to go, but I would like to brighten it up a bit. Don't want to damage my trailer though.ThanksJoan
PDGx
Reg. Jul 2011
Posted 2013-08-11 12:21 PM (#153941 - in reply to #153361)

Veteran

Been busy lately and haven't been watching forum closely. The Blue Beacon acid wash has not hurt anything - painted areas, decals, windows, or polished aluminum. If you just tell them you want to removeAll oxidation, and black streaks, they will do what is necessary. If your trailer is mostly regular aluminum, the acid wash is the way to go. They won't do anything to damage your trailer or any of those million dollar coaches, or any of the high dollar truck rigs. When nearly finished you will see a guy with a high powered flash light checking all areas including under wheel wells before they give it back to you. One option you may want to consider if you trailer is mostly polished aluminum, is the Rainx spray. I don't use it as ours is all regular aluminum/paint/decals except for the nose plate. I have found these guys to definitely be the best and most professional. Depending on time of day you get there, the line can be long. It takes approximately 15-20 minutes for them to do a semi. It's well worth the time you spend traveling to and waiting in line.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)