'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Anyone have experience with Titan steel trailers or Lifetime Rubber floors??

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2012-02-29 10:27 AM
10 replies, 9460 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

horsesnharleys
Reg. Apr 2011
Posted 2012-02-19 12:50 PM (#141218)
Subject: Anyone have experience with Titan steel trailers or Lifetime Rubber floors??

I saw a trailer for sale that I am interested in. My last two trailers were Adams and I don't know much about trailer brands. This is a Titan trailer. The sales man said it has the 'life time rubber floors' Not mats over wood floors but that the actual floor is made of rubber and is suppose to last a lifetime... Anyone have any??
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Zipitude
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2012-02-19 3:13 PM (#141221 - in reply to #141218)
Subject: RE: Anyone have experience with Titan steel trailers or Lifetime Rubber floors??

Veteran

I can't comment on the rubber floor, but the Titan trailers do hold up well. I have a 2000 4 horse Titan Renegade II with a wood floor and mats that I have owned since 2003. It has always been parked outside in the open and have never had any issues with rust or corrosion, even where horses have pawed and scratched the paint. I do use my trailer on a regular basis and have pulled it thousands of miles. The biggest drawback to it is its weight. It is a heavy trailer, but it does pull very well. I have not had any issues other than the camper door getting blown off its hinges by a wind storm. That was operator error, so to speak, as the door wasn't shut all the way.

I have to say this was not the type of trailer that I set out to buy, but it was what I could afford at the time. I've owned it for going on 9 years now and have nothing to complain about with it what so ever. Great trailer for the money.
horsesnharleys
Reg. Apr 2011
Posted 2012-02-19 4:31 PM (#141223 - in reply to #141218)
Subject: RE: Anyone have experience with Titan steel trailers or Lifetime Rubber floors??

I actually meant Rumber not rubber...
gabz
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2012-02-20 9:27 AM (#141241 - in reply to #141223)

Expert

I have a Titan Avalance GN; 3H with 4' short wall. All steel with wood floors. No rumbar flooring.

It's an '03 or '04. Holding up very well with regular maintenance. I too purchased this for the value at a time that I needed a different trailer.

Phoresic
Reg. May 2010
Posted 2012-02-20 10:38 AM (#141247 - in reply to #141218)

Extreme Veteran

A 3-horse, 4' sw Renegade with wood floors weighs 5670 pounds.  The paint on the Titans seems to hold up well and they are sturdy, well-built trailers.

The only criticisms I have heard are that the windows are too high - but I personally don't see that as a problem.  (A friend had hers changed out so the latches are on the bottom or somehow easier to reach.)  The other criticism I heard was that the portion of the dividers that are near the horses' heads ares solid rather than bars and therefore restricts the airflow and visibility somwhat. 

There have been discussions on Rumbar flooring here - perhaps a search would find them.

jim bob
Reg. Jan 2008
Posted 2012-02-20 12:08 PM (#141250 - in reply to #141218)

Extreme Veteran

We sell several brands of trailers that offer Rumber floors as an option.  Most customers that have them; love them.  They are very easy maintenance, and have a rough texture to them for good footing.  They also have floor supports spaced at 12" instead of what is usually standard with most manufacturers.  It is a great product that has a long term warranty on it.  The real bright spot is that your not having to pull mats to clean your trailer.
Zipitude
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2012-02-20 12:33 PM (#141253 - in reply to #141218)

Veteran

I will agree the drop down window latches are up pretty high, but with the full length running board it's no big deal. I have had minor issues with the latches not not working properly. All it took to fix was a minor re-adjustment of the catch and some WD-40 on the latch.
MsZoey
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2012-02-20 4:08 PM (#141257 - in reply to #141218)

Regular

I had Titan trailers,  all gn,  I have a rumber floor in this last one,,,  Like the flooring, but for the horses having some cush I am putting mats in the trailer,,,  I have shavings that does give some cush.

Only thing to watch for,,, I just found this problem last week.   The frame is setting on my axles,  make sure there is a block between the frame of trailer and the axles.   My last titan blew several tires,, I know now that trailer had the frame on the axles also.   I have my trailer at a commercial frame/alignment place.  They said they are seeing several trailers with this being done,, not good.   

But, outside of this  I really like my Titan trailer,, paint is good on these trailers.

horsesnharleys
Reg. Apr 2011
Posted 2012-02-20 7:05 PM (#141267 - in reply to #141257)

Originally written by MsZoey on 2012-02-20 4:08 PM

I had Titan trailers,  all gn,  I have a rumber floor in this last one,,,  Like the flooring, but for the horses having some cush I am putting mats in the trailer,,,  I have shavings that does give some cush.

Only thing to watch for,,, I just found this problem last week.   The frame is setting on my axles,  make sure there is a block between the frame of trailer and the axles.   My last titan blew several tires,, I know now that trailer had the frame on the axles also.   I have my trailer at a commercial frame/alignment place.  They said they are seeing several trailers with this being done,, not good.   

But, outside of this  I really like my Titan trailer,, paint is good on these trailers.

Good to know!!  I hope I can figure out what I am looking at when I go look at it!! haha

Dunoir
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2012-02-29 7:18 AM (#141552 - in reply to #141218)

Elite Veteran

My first 2 trailers had rumber floors and I wish my current one did.  I sold the first trailer after 1 year as it didn't have a DR and I kept the 2nd one for 9 years before switching to a LQ trailer.  The rumber floor still looked new after 9 years of continual use, pawing horses, etc  Rumber is the best floor on the market and I highly recomend it,
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2012-02-29 10:27 AM (#141560 - in reply to #141218)

Expert

I've had Two Classic trailers that used the Rumber flooring.  It held up very well.  I did bed with shaving ontop of the rumber.  Mostly to stop the urine from splashing and the ease of mucking out the manure.

I think it makes a much better floor than wood or metal covered by matts.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)