'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Camera's - Trailer and Hook-up

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-07-16 10:12 PM
2 replies, 4200 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

rattler
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2011-07-15 3:52 PM (#135676)
Subject: Camera's - Trailer and Hook-up

Regular

I searched the archives and didn't find much but there appears to be a plethora of camera products in the market to help you watch your horses and hookup the trailer. Wondered if I could get some opinions from people who have purchased them along with any pro or con experiences. Ideally I would like to have one on the flatbed to hookup the gooseneck (can't see completely while letting out the clutch, stretching over the seat, and contorting to look out the back window), also have a couple of horse that occasionally like to tussle in the back of a stock trailer...would like to know the instigator.

rattler

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gonzo1066
Reg. Oct 2010
Posted 2011-07-15 4:27 PM (#135677 - in reply to #135676)
Subject: RE: Camera's - Trailer and Hook-up

Veteran

I mounted a convex blind spot mirror on my GN trailer hitch.   It allows me to see the ball and the base of the hitch.   I put alignment tape on the bed of the truck that tells me when I am back far enough..   Works better than any alignment screen I have seen. This does not help you with your Bad Horse though..

http://www.uatparts.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=uatparts&Product_Code=VEL-708557&Category_Code=VELVAC-SPOT

delta2
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2011-07-16 10:12 PM (#135737 - in reply to #135676)
Subject: RE: Camera's - Trailer and Hook-up

I have a 3 camera system on my rig, backup, inside trailer and bed mounted for hook up. The monitor has a 7" screen  with distance marks for the back up camera, the bed mount camera is mounted on the side of the bed (opposite the ball) as I cannot see the ball or inside bed from the drivers seat, saves many trips to see how far to go. The cameras are hardwired and you just plug in when hooking up, same as main trailer plug. I have had the same system thru two trailers now about 8 years and have not had any problems. While the wireless cameras may be easier to install, I have no experience with them. The cameras are great, I would not have a trailer without them. The peace of mind at being able to view the horses is priceless to me. I know they do make smaller monitors but I have plenty of room in my cab and wanted a large screen, this may not be an option for you. 
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)