'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Bulldog Gooseneck Hitch

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-07-16 6:33 AM
4 replies, 4147 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

heritagelanefarm
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2011-07-14 7:51 AM (#135623)
Subject: Bulldog Gooseneck Hitch

Veteran

I am not sure if I have a problem, and would like opinions. I noticed that the distance between the bottom plate (the one that opens and closes over the ball) and the top plate seems to have increased slightly. After securing the bottom plate over the ball, and releasing the pin to secure the hitch, I can feel the bottom of the pin, so it has went through the appropriate holes. I have looked at a few other similar hitches at horse events, and the distance between the top plate and bottom one seems less than mine. I put a knife in between the plates to see if something was there, and only grease was found. The rear pin that holds the hitch together appears solid, and there is no inappropriate movement of parts. My SO sayes I am paranoid, which could be!

Thanks!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Spin Doctor
Reg. Nov 2008
Posted 2011-07-14 10:02 AM (#135627 - in reply to #135623)
Subject: RE: Bulldog Gooseneck Hitch

Extreme Veteran

If I understand correctly, you are worried about it coming off the top of the ball on the pulling unit? I would just lock the hitch to the ball and try to lift the trailer off using the trailer jack. When the trailer starts lifting the pulling unit off the ground you know it is fine...

We've had several ranch trailers that the latch was broke, pin wouldn't work, forgot to pin, etc, and never had one come off the ball when being pulled. Had a few come off when loading or unloading that made things interesting...
flummoxed
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2011-07-14 5:49 PM (#135638 - in reply to #135623)

Give Bulldog a call direct and ask them. They have great customer service. I had a coupler problem -- caused by the person who I bought my GN from, not because of a faulty Bulldog product -- and they were great in helping me resolve it. (Between you and me, the warranty on it expired about 8 months prior but they sent me a new one, at their expense, without hesitation or question. THEN they followed up a week or two later to make sure I received it and everything was fine. Not many companies like that anymore.)
gonzo1066
Reg. Oct 2010
Posted 2011-07-15 4:35 PM (#135678 - in reply to #135638)

Veteran

This is really good to know.   There are too many companys that have let customer service slip to dismal status.   Bull Dog apparently is NOT one of them.   
heritagelanefarm
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2011-07-16 6:33 AM (#135702 - in reply to #135623)

Veteran

Thanks for all of your help! I will give Bulldog a call!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)