'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Finishing out LQ- any advice???

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-05-31 3:55 PM
3 replies, 4261 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

McJen
Reg. May 2011
Posted 2011-05-28 10:44 AM (#134395)
Subject: Finishing out LQ- any advice???

New User

Hello out there- My hubbie and i are finishing out a trailer that we just bought. Is a brand new 08 3H, 12ft LQ. Completely starting from scratch here. Was a gr8 buy, so well worth the trouble. Any advice will be welcomed!!!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
McJen
Reg. May 2011
Posted 2011-05-28 12:15 PM (#134400 - in reply to #134395)
Subject: RE: Finishing out LQ- any advice???

New User

Also, 1 of our big ?'s is; can you put a regular household fridge in  it or do you need the RV referigerators with dual energy sources etc.? -Thanks!!!
cliffj59
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2011-05-31 3:05 PM (#134443 - in reply to #134395)

Regular

McJen,

Welcome to HTW you will learn alot from this site about your project.

I did mine about 1 1/2 years ago all from scratch and this site is what got me through it. As for your question about the household fridge yes you can use a small one in it but you will really rather have a dual fuel (electric and gas) trust me on this one. I have a small electric in my horse trailer but I have a dual in my motorhome.

Getting started you should use some blue painters tape to lay out the areas on the floor and walls. I would even use some cardboard and duct tape to make life size closet, cabinets, table or what ever you are putting in there to make the best use of ALL the space available. I know it sounds like a lot of work but you need to get a look at the sizes of things before you start cutting up lumber.

Here is a link to some pictures of my DIY LQ

http://pets.webshots.com/album/573068102VpSZxX

Good luck and I hope you and your hubbie have alot of patience

gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2011-05-31 3:55 PM (#134445 - in reply to #134395)

Expert

The most difficult task is determining what will fit into a given space. Look into photos of the trailers for sale sections for comparable sizes to yours. Go to the various manufucturers' web sites for floor plans. Talk to owners that have LQs and ask their likes and dislikes. Talk to dealers who have LQs on display.

A couple of years ago we built a LQ, whilst essentially copying an existing LQ. By not having to design and fit the interior, the project was made much easier. Copying the best work of professionals, is much more simple than trying to design your own. That isn't to say that their plans can't be modified to your specifications. Once you have the large pieces located and planed, the little things will fall into place.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)