'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Check out recalls

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-05-02 5:31 PM
2 replies, 3425 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

danigirl
Reg. Apr 2011
Posted 2011-05-02 9:41 AM (#133752)
Subject: Check out recalls

I see that in 2008 there was mention of the recall on Dometic Fridges on RV and Horse Trailers - in a forum. I thought it might be good to tell people again about it. I bought a used Horse trailer with LQ and it had a fridge recall (found info on the internet). The recall work was never done as the old owner didn't know about it. It is a dangerous problem and thought with people buying up used trailers and RV's it's worth mentioning. There were also recalls on older Norcold fridges, Samsung microwaves - although these didn't affect me. The fix is free - but not fixing it is deadly. I have a 2006 Bison Stratus - but these fridges are found in lots of trailers.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
randemtam
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2011-05-02 11:34 AM (#133759 - in reply to #133752)
Subject: RE: Check out recalls

Extreme Veteran

I think it's a great idea to revisit the recalls.

I had a Samsung microwave that went bad because of the recall issue. I was getting the trailer ready for a trip and plugged in the shore power. I heard the microwave come on as it was right by the window where I was standing. I tried to push the buttons to turn it off (it was running under a wierd thing like 'vegetable') and none of the buttons would work. I had to open the door to turn it off. I was searching for a replacement thinking that I had somehow killed it and came across the recall. I had it fixed and no other issues with it. If I hadn't heard it come on and if I had stored stuff in it (which I never do) it could easily have started a fire.

danigirl
Reg. Apr 2011
Posted 2011-05-02 5:31 PM (#133765 - in reply to #133752)
Subject: RE: Check out recalls

Yes! I am glad for you. The sales guy was like 'what recall?' But the mechanic knew about it. This trailer was built in 2006 and it was lucky the previous owner didn't blow up. This recall is to stop the gas leak from the fridge that can catch fire ie blow up - with open flame like the stove. yipes. recalls google easy and I am happy I read it somewhere and started to look for it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)