'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
American Spirit Trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-04-26 3:45 PM
2 replies, 3165 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

rkranchgirl
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2011-04-22 10:46 AM (#133342)
Subject: American Spirit Trailers

Regular

Hello, it has been a few years since I frequented this site.  I almost forgot how much great information is out there!

We are looking at purchasing a LQ trailer.  I found a great deal on a used American Spirit.  I tried to do a search and I only came up with a few scams and some issues regarding a bancruptcy and a new up-start company.  This trailer is used so I wouldn't lose out on any warranties (I don't think) and it is a large name dealer that I have purchased two other trailers from, so I'm not worried about them.

American Spirit was never popular in my area (maybe because it didn't last long?) so I haven't seen many and I don't have any experience with thier quality.  I understand they are a mid level trailer, so I know there will certainly be better brands out there.  Does anybody have any experience with them or something specific I should look for that may be a problem with this trailer?  It is a 2007 model.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
whitewood
Reg. Jun 2009
Posted 2011-04-22 11:30 AM (#133343 - in reply to #133342)
Subject: RE: American Spirit Trailers

Veteran

they looked like they were built simular to a Bison or maybe an Express. Steel frame aluminum skin. Maybe that would help your search.
BuddyB1959
Reg. Mar 2011
Posted 2011-04-26 3:45 PM (#133574 - in reply to #133342)
Subject: RE: American Spirit Trailers

We just purchased an American Spirit (2005, Model 8312, with Dining Room Slide).  Had it for a total of 3 weeks now.  Like you, the warranty has expired so no worrys about that.  To date we really like it.  It pulls straight and doesn't sway in the wind as much as our older (and lighter) Keifer did.  In all my research the big thing I have found out is who is the LQ installer.  Ours has the LSR conversion package.  It has tons of storage, is well laid out and we haven't had any problems. I/ve read that another company has been installing the conversions in A.S. and some are having problems.  The only problem that the previous(original)  owner had was a roof leak which did some minor cosmetic damage to some of the trim.

Any questions let me know and I'll try to help with my limited experience with ours.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)