'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
best place to by replacement fender for exiss

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-07-16 9:27 AM
2 replies, 4872 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

rosewood
Reg. Feb 2010
Posted 2010-07-13 9:04 AM (#122284)
Subject: best place to by replacement fender for exiss

Hey all:  No laughing please but I had an unscheduled encounter with my best friends deck while trying to manuever the goose neck around her house.  Actually moved the deck a goodly distance.  Her husband was extremely gracious (owns a construction company and had the deck moved back into position and reattached to the house in less time that it took me to stop cursing myself.  Anyway, to make a short story long.  What is the best place in your experience to order a new fender?  I'm also looking for accessories for the tack area, hooks, and hangers and things.  Any hints would be great.  Basically the tack area has the three saddle racks but no bridle hooks or anything.  Also looking to replace the bum strap in the last stall with a bum bar.

thanks for your advice.  This site is a great resource.

Maryann

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2010-07-16 9:20 AM (#122447 - in reply to #122284)
Subject: RE: best place to by replacement fender for exiss

Expert

If the fender isn't badly damaged, an experienced aluminum fabricator or body shop can ususally repair it by heating and reshaping the metal. Then by reheating and quenching the metal, it can be heat treated and hardened again. I've done this a couple of times, once on a used trailer I bought that was backed into a stump, crushing the bottom of the fender into a tire, and the second on the top and side of a fender, that was damaged when one of the tires blew out.

If the metal is torn, the cracks or splits will have to be welded, the metal reformed and shaped, the seams ground and polished and because the welding rod differs from the base metal, you will always be able to see the repair. The cost of the repair labour will have to be weighed against a replacement cost and the possibility of cosmetic differences.

If the fender is beyond repair, the obvious answer to your question would be an Exiss dealer or Exiss ( Universal) Inc.

rosewood
Reg. Feb 2010
Posted 2010-07-16 9:27 AM (#122448 - in reply to #122284)
Subject: RE: best place to by replacement fender for exiss

Thank you.  I've been in contact with arena trailer sales in cannon falls and will be ordering one new.  They are not that expensive so seemed the best alternative.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)