'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Do I Need Two Refrigerator Access Doors?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-06-22 9:39 PM
3 replies, 3145 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

randy52644
Reg. Jun 2010
Posted 2010-06-22 8:41 PM (#121424)
Subject: Do I Need Two Refrigerator Access Doors?

Just bought this trailer last year and doing some repair. I have attempted to attach a picture to this posting.

One problem is rain is blowing in around these two access doors behind the refrigerator. Do I need both of them? The lower one certainly because the gas valve connection is there. However the upper one doesn't appear to be of much value.

Can I cover the upper opening with a fixed panel that could be removed if needed?

What kind of lower door can I use that will help prevent wind driven rain from blowing inside?

My wife wants a hardwood floating floor installed (let's leave that one alone) and water running under this kind of floor would not be good.

Edited by randy52644 2010-06-22 8:44 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2010-06-22 9:04 PM (#121428 - in reply to #121424)
Subject: RE: Do I Need Two Refrigerator Access Doors?

Expert

The top vent is especially necessary. It vents the burnt gases from behind the fridge. There are various styles available from many RV parts dealers. Most vents are the ones recommended by the appliance maker, and are fairly weather proof. Try going on line and see if your particular vent is pictured with the manufacturer of your fridge.
randy52644
Reg. Jun 2010
Posted 2010-06-22 9:25 PM (#121430 - in reply to #121428)

But isn't the large vent on the roof above the refrigerator enough?

There is also a 3" vent pipe that run from lower part of the refrigerator up into the vent built into the roof. This is in addition to the entire cavity behind the refrigerator is open into this roof vent.

I'm not trying to question your answer. It's just that I have found other things about this trailer including wiring and plumbing that were not properly done.
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2010-06-22 9:39 PM (#121432 - in reply to #121424)

Expert

Sorry, I can't open your photo, so I don't know what your whole installation looks like. Most small fridges (3 CF or less) sit on the floor. They have a vent at the bottom, and one about half way up the wall which is at the top of the fridge. Larger fridges are usually mounted off the floor and indeed have a large weather protected vent on the roof. The lower vent will again, be mounted at the floor level of the fridge.

No, you would not need a third vent in between the roof and bottom vents.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)