'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
swing out sadde rack

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-05-14 9:30 AM
4 replies, 3710 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

chucky
Reg. May 2010
Posted 2010-05-13 11:40 PM (#120115)
Subject: swing out sadde rack

i just bought an aluminum maverick lite horse trailer  2 horse slant.  the tack room has a two saddle swing out saddle rack.  i THOUGHT it would be good to have a swing out saddle rack, so i would not have to heave myself up inside the trailer with a 50 lb saddle and put it on a rack inside.   

i just brought this brand new trailer home and put my western saddles on the racks.  I had NO IDEA how much in the way the saddle rack with the saddles on it would be.  when the saddle rack is inside their is NO moving room. which i can deal with.  however, when it is swung out i can hardley get inside my tack room because it takes up three quarters of the front door area.  i literally have to squeeze my self passed the saddle rack to get inside.  

IS THIS NORMAL?  is it just something everyone has to get used to with these swing out saddle racks?  PLEASE HELP I JUST BOUGHT THIS THING FOR 8,900.  THANK YOU

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
genebob
Reg. Nov 2007
Posted 2010-05-14 12:05 AM (#120117 - in reply to #120115)
Subject: RE: swing out sadde rack

Elite Veteran

The swing out on my Kiefer swings completely out of the way. I would guess about 240 degrees.
chucky
Reg. May 2010
Posted 2010-05-14 12:48 AM (#120118 - in reply to #120115)

gosh  i'm bummed...i dont know what im going to do, but i cant leave it the way it is. its driving me nuts...i cant get inside my trailer.  i dont know why they would make it that way in the first place....thank you so much for letting me know....im proud to b an american as well...
Phoresic
Reg. May 2010
Posted 2010-05-14 9:25 AM (#120132 - in reply to #120115)

Extreme Veteran

Phoresic
Reg. May 2010
Posted 2010-05-14 9:30 AM (#120133 - in reply to #120132)

Extreme Veteran

Two things crossed my mind when I read your post.  First, is it possible that you are not opening it to its full capacity?  Perhaps there is a trick to opening it further.  Second, does it work for you to only swing out the saddle rack when you are actually putting the saddle on and off?  And, can you open it out so that it gives you more space while you are inside?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)