'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Bison Trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-03-24 5:22 PM
5 replies, 4655 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

CLOVER-D
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2010-03-20 9:51 AM (#117849)
Subject: Bison Trailers

New User

Does anyone have a Bison LQ? Could you tell me the good, bad and ugly? Thanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
millironk
Reg. Feb 2009
Posted 2010-03-21 10:06 AM (#117872 - in reply to #117849)
Subject: RE: Bison Trailers

Regular

We bought a Bison Stratus about a year ago and have been very happy with it. It may not be the top of the line, but the trade off in price was well worth it to us. It pulls good, horses seem comfortable in it (we took dividers out) and everything works just fine. I had some questions about a few things and the people at Bison were very helpful.

Only negatives I can think of are it weighs around 10,000 pounds, which is a big adjusrment for us. This is our first trailer with a living quarter. We are used to using a stock trailer with front tack. Not sure if this is heavy for a living quarter, but definitely heavier than what we had. The other thing is we are considering blocking the axles because we have been in a few places where we were close to scraping the plumbing. So far we have not been able to find anyone close to us (southeast Iowa) that will do this.

Overall, very happy with Bison.

jim bob
Reg. Jan 2008
Posted 2010-03-21 5:55 PM (#117889 - in reply to #117849)
Subject: BISON TRAILERS

Extreme Veteran

WE ARE A BISON DEALER IN OTTAWA, ILLINOIS; WHICH IS 93 MILES FROM THE IOWA LINE ON INTERSTATE 80. WE HAVE BLOCKED AXLES ON LIVING QUARTERS FOR QUITE SOME TIME. CALL JASON OR TONY IN OUR SERVICE DEPT. AT 800 659-4051 FOR PRICING AND A SERVICE APPT.
millironk
Reg. Feb 2009
Posted 2010-03-21 7:04 PM (#117894 - in reply to #117849)

Regular

Jim Bob,

Thanks for your reply regarding blocking the axles on a Bison trailer. Actually, I did call your shop about a month ago and was told that you have done this a few times and once on a Bison. So I really wasn't that interested in going to a place that is just learning to do this. Hope you understand.

If anyone else out there has a place that they suggest, I'm very interested.

RTSmith
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2010-03-22 8:14 AM (#117901 - in reply to #117849)

Elite Veteran

Millronk, With all due respect, blocking axles is blocking axles. Once you get underneath to the running gear, most trailers are very similar. Most of us dealers don't block a ton of axles every year just because in this part of the world (outside the mountainous western states) there isn't a huge call for it after the trailer is built. But our techs are doing very different custom fabrications virtually every day to accomodate the various desires of our horse owner customers. That all being said- even if the Midway boys had not even done 1 Bison yet but had some under their belt, given the proximity and their reputation for service, I'd suggest you look again at having them help you. They'll do a fine job for you. Just my .02$
RTSmith
j&j
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2010-03-24 5:22 PM (#117974 - in reply to #117849)

Veteran

We are on our second Bison LQ. (Moved up in size). Our newest is now 5 years old and a GREAT trailer. We are retired and travel a lot of miles and this trailer has held up really well. Both trailers have been Aluma-Sports. Very happy with Bison!

Judy
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)