'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Welcome Metal Wax

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-01-31 12:26 AM
6 replies, 3868 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2010-01-25 11:49 AM (#115682)
Subject: Welcome Metal Wax

Elite Veteran

Please welcome our newest advertiser, Metal Wax.  I've also invited Mark to share some information about his company and product with us in this thread. 

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2010-01-26 10:05 PM (#115755 - in reply to #115682)
Subject: RE: Welcome Metal Wax

Expert

The results look great,having trouble figuring out just how many products were used on that Elite,looks like about 5, am I right?
metalwax
Reg. Jan 2010
Posted 2010-01-27 10:29 AM (#115778 - in reply to #115682)

There are 4 products in the Metalwax line.

The first is a High Performance cleaner that is used on the extruded aluminum and the stainless steel. It will take the corrosion off and brighten the aluminum. This product will not hurt paint or decals.

The next product is the Metalwax Polish. This is used on the stainless steel and fenders ,running boards, diamond plate. As it relates to the aluminum sides, it is best just to use the cleaner. Once you start to polish the extruded aluminum, it can be a never ending process.

The next product is the Top Wax. It is used on all painted surfaces and will remove black streaks with ease. It deep cleans the paint.

The final product is Spray Shine. It is used as a touch up for the Metal Wax. This product is good for shining many types of metal such as aluminum appliances,brass and copper.

So to answer your question, the High Performance cleaner, the Metal Wax and the Top Wax will be what you need to do the job right. Full instructions come with the products. These products can be used for many different jobs. For instance, the Cleaner will remove hard water stains on glass. The cleaner and the Metal Wax will turn diamond plate into a mirror finish. It can also be used on glass.

These are professional grade products that were originally developed for Aircraft.

Pleasure Man
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2010-01-27 10:48 AM (#115779 - in reply to #115778)

This is AWESOME stuff!!  I have used it for several years and my trailer looks brand new.  The results shown on the website ARE the results you will get at home.  I always keep some on hand.  Can't say enough good things about it!
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2010-01-27 11:12 PM (#115819 - in reply to #115778)

Expert

Thanks for your information,Metal Wax man.You have made a good point about polishing aluminum.Thought I'd try a little aluminum polish on my dressing room door on my 1995 mill finish Sooner 2H trailer.When I saw what was happening,what I was DOING,I stopped,but now there is a big spot about the size of a saucer on my dressing room door that is super-bright.One day I'll get energetic enough to do the whole door,but,I sure do think that would look funny,also.Maybe they'll all think I replaced the door!48
hogtownboss
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2010-01-29 8:48 PM (#115894 - in reply to #115819)

Expert

Originally written by crowleysridgegirl on 2010-01-27 11:12 PM

Thanks for your information,Metal Wax man.You have made a good point about polishing aluminum.Thought I'd try a little aluminum polish on my dressing room door on my 1995 mill finish Sooner 2H trailer.When I saw what was happening,what I was DOING,I stopped,but now there is a big spot about the size of a saucer on my dressing room door that is super-bright.One day I'll get energetic enough to do the whole door,but,I sure do think that would look funny,also.Maybe they'll all think I replaced the door!48

We had our mill finish 04 Sooner acid washed 2 years ago and it looked great.  It had a 24' floor and we had the inside and outside done for just over a $100. and did not even had to get my hands wet or dirty.  Just unhooked it and picked it up the same afternoon.

I'm too lazy to get into the manual labor, that also gets into my horse time.

crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2010-01-31 12:26 AM (#115947 - in reply to #115894)

Expert

I've acid  washed it several times.I do my own with Streakmaster.It looks good except I was just fooling around with the aluminum polish,and,goofed up in doing so.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)