'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
what is the difference between a Sundowner Sunlite trailer and a valuelite trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-01-09 9:52 PM
5 replies, 8323 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

LazyDayHorseFarm
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2010-01-06 9:08 AM (#114940)
Subject: what is the difference between a Sundowner Sunlite trailer and a valuelite trailer

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between Sundowners Sunlite and Valuelite trailers?  I have been looking at trailers for the last few months and I'm wanting a Sundowner, so I am trying to find as much information about them as I can.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
buckedoff
Reg. Jan 2010
Posted 2010-01-06 9:29 AM (#114942 - in reply to #114940)
Subject: RE: what is the difference between a Sundowner Sunlite trailer and a valuelite trailer

Notice that there are alot of used SD trailers for sale with the steel frame/alum skin for sale - no one wants them as they age.  Look underneath for steel or look at which way the grooves run on floor to determine how made.
jim bob
Reg. Jan 2008
Posted 2010-01-06 10:05 AM (#114946 - in reply to #114940)
Subject: RE: what is the difference between a Sundowner Sunlite trailer and a valuelite trailer

Extreme Veteran

Valuelite was the name designation given to the Sundowner steel product when it was introduced in the '97 model year.  The name Sunlite was designated at that time, to only the Sundowner aluminum models; such as the ever popular 720, 725, etc.  Than early in the 2000's, Sundowner changed their name for all models (with the exception of stock models) to SUNLITE.  Diifferent Sunlite models had number designations.  You basically had to know what model numbers were steel or aluminum framed trailers.  The aluminum floor plank in all steel framed models was a deep corrugated plank that ran lengthwise in the horse area.  All aluminum framed models (with the exception of some stock models) had the aluminum floor planks running crossways. 

We continue to have a good demand for used steel framed Sundowners, and unlike the previous poster said "no one wants steel framed trailers as they age"; we have a good market for our used Sundowner trade-ins.

buckedoff
Reg. Jan 2010
Posted 2010-01-07 9:38 AM (#114980 - in reply to #114940)

For people that know trailers - they will not buy the used steel/alum trailers.  You may have a demand for them - that is only because of the lower price.  The resale value does not hold up nearly like an all alum trailer. 
laurie
Reg. Jun 2004
Posted 2010-01-08 6:25 PM (#115041 - in reply to #114940)

Extreme Veteran

I have had 5 sundowners and have been happy with all of them. I have to say resale was better than average. I bought 1 new in 2000 for 35K and sold it in 2005 for 28,500 to 1st buyer and realized it was probably worth more but I had a 7K hail damage claim on the roof so I actually got what I paid. I felt that it didn't depreciate much in 5 years considering what you loose the minute you take it off the showroom. But I take good care of my equipment also. I recently purchased a 2002 for 25K and have had people want to buy it off me. Not for sale because I can't replace it for that. My friend has had several sundowners also 1 from Ottowa and she would buy it again also. 

Edited by laurie 2010-01-08 6:27 PM
dweber2000
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2010-01-09 9:52 PM (#115074 - in reply to #114940)

I must disagree with BuckedOff. Sundowners hold their value, steel or aluminum frame.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)