'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
horse trailer tires

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-11-22 9:46 PM
2 replies, 2715 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

yvienna
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2009-11-21 1:30 PM (#113490)
Subject: horse trailer tires

I just bought a brand new sundower 3 horse trailer and I am wondering what suggestions everyone has for keeping my tires from dry rotting here in south florida?  Do you recommend the RV type tire covers or is there something I can put on the tires?  How long do trailer tires usually last ( not used more than 15 times a year -short distances only)?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
greyhorse
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2009-11-21 7:13 PM (#113494 - in reply to #113490)
Subject: RE: horse trailer tires

Extreme Veteran

The rv covers are good. Tires are probably going to be getting bad after 5 years give or take. Tires will also last a little better as far as dry rot goes the more often they get used..... sitting isn't good for them.
Spin Doctor
Reg. Nov 2008
Posted 2009-11-22 9:46 PM (#113508 - in reply to #113490)
Subject: RE: horse trailer tires

Extreme Veteran

Put a roof and walls around it! Will the savings pay for the storage costs or building? Nope, not even close. The tire covers I've heard, do work. I never have had a tire dry rot--mine are either ruined, blown, or worn out way before.

They do sell some "tire dressings", but I've heard this do more damage than good. Example--we just bought a Chevy 4500 show truck--the dealer hauled it all over to shows and must of Armouraled (sp) the tires every show. Just 2 year old Michelen tires and they already have some small cracks on them. Several dealers said not to worry about, but this was caused by the alcohol in the "tire polish". 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)