'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Converting Dressing Room to Living Quarters...I need some ideas!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-07-19 5:55 PM
8 replies, 17963 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Christian Cowgirl
Reg. Jul 2009
Posted 2009-07-14 1:30 PM (#108013)
Subject: Converting Dressing Room to Living Quarters...I need some ideas!

New User

We are making my DR into LQ and I was wanting some ideas.  I only have a 4 1/2' shortwall, so space is very limited.  We are putting a sink, boot box, cabinets, and a porta potty in it.  We've got it insulated with paneling on top and sides and we are going to put laminate flooring down.  Also, we are thinking about putting a window unit underneath the tongue instead of a unit on top.  They are cheaper and if done right, will work just as well.  Does any of you have set ups similar?  What do you have?  How's it arranged?  Like it or not?  I also want to find some cute inexpensive cabinet knobs/pulls....something with horses, boots, or cowboy...if anybody knows of a place to get some....Let me know!  Thanks!  Any pictures you want to share would be great too!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Christian Cowgirl
Reg. Jul 2009
Posted 2009-07-14 3:19 PM (#108016 - in reply to #108013)
Subject: RE: Converting Dressing Room to Living Quarters...I need some ideas!

New User

Come on people....where's the ideas at????  I'm not looking for anything fancy...just something that will work and make do.
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-07-14 3:32 PM (#108017 - in reply to #108013)

Expert

Presently there are 3264 trailers for sale at HTW that have photos of installed living quarters. Perhaps some time spent looking at finished interiors of every size and budget, will offer some inspiration.

Researching the web sites of trailer manufacturers as well as conversion companies, will produce some floor plans and more photos of completed interiors of professionals.

Gard

retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2009-07-14 3:37 PM (#108018 - in reply to #108016)

Expert

Originally written by Christian Cowgirl on 2009-07-14 4:19 PM

Come on people....where's the ideas at????  I'm not looking for anything fancy...just something that will work and make do.

What's your big hurry... Got to get it done between now and dark....?

Here, look this one over, this is how they did they'res.   http://todd.redwrench.com/index.htm

Christian Cowgirl
Reg. Jul 2009
Posted 2009-07-16 2:01 PM (#108126 - in reply to #108017)

New User

Originally written by gard on 2009-07-14 3:32 PM

Presently there are 3264 trailers for sale at HTW that have photos of installed living quarters. Perhaps some time spent looking at finished interiors of every size and budget, will offer some inspiration.

Researching the web sites of trailer manufacturers as well as conversion companies, will produce some floor plans and more photos of completed interiors of professionals.

Gard

I have been looking online....I just wanted to know what people had and if they liked it or not.  What things they wish they had or didn't have.  Thanks for the tip anyway.

farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2009-07-16 2:06 PM (#108127 - in reply to #108013)

Expert

I have a 4 ft LQ- the door is drivers side. On curb side is a window,small dinette table. Behind that is a fridge,bottom cupbpard. On the door side is a small cupboard sink and medicine cabinet. The midtack has the porta potty and clothing racks,small plastic dresser. Its good for one person, ok for two but thats about it.
bjhouten
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2009-07-16 3:24 PM (#108133 - in reply to #108013)

Extreme Veteran

I am working on a trailer with a 59" short wall. I am getting a roof mount A/C placed this week. They are not wiring it in, which will save a good bit of cash. I've never been real fond of the A/C mounted in the bulkhead. Seems like it would be in the way both on the outside and inside. If you want to resell this trailer some day, think about what other people might like also. My door is on the short wall. I put insulation on the walls, roof on the gooseneck bed area and the DR floor. Then put UBS on top of that on the floor and gooseneck. I primed the floor then put the peal and stick tile that looks like stone. Quick and easy to work with. My plan for a boot box, a friedge, water heater, potty/shower combo, and sink. Here's a couple of places to look for part: www.bigdicountrv.com ; www.jazzsales.com ; www.pplmotohomres.com ; www.pellandent.com
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-07-17 5:51 AM (#108160 - in reply to #108013)

Expert

We have a weekender LQ built into a 4' short wall trailer. We bought it because of its bathroom and shower, well equipped galley, storage, air, hot water etc. It's comfortable for a couple of people for a couple of days. Modestly finished, this interior and trailer are exactly what we need for running around and weekend shows. Our larger trailer is used when more people are involved and longer time periods are anticipated.

Your area is slightly larger than ours, so you can easily duplicate this interior layout. It is well conceived and utilizes every available amount of space. The storage, galley and interior are like this trailer:

http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/home/trailerdetail.asp?ID=180268

The bathroom is like this trailer:

http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/home/trailerdetail.asp?ID=202935

Again the galley and interior but not the bathroom:

http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/home/trailerdetail.asp?ID=211420

We are very pleased with this layout, and the amount of amenities that can be fitted in just a small dressing room. Sorry I added all these links. I still don't know how to post photos.

BOL   Gard

Turfa
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2009-07-19 5:55 PM (#108245 - in reply to #108013)

Veteran

PM me your email and I will send you my Power Point on the 4' short wall that I completed.

Turfa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)