'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Poll Why are there no competitors for Brenderups?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-04-22 5:26 PM
2 replies, 2686 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

AngelaM71
Reg. Apr 2009
Posted 2009-04-22 2:05 PM (#103771)
Subject: Why are there no competitors for Brenderups?

New User

Seriously? They are very expensive new and I would think that with gas prices, there would be more interest in the lighter weight european type trailers? Has Boekmann entered the US yet?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2009-04-22 2:14 PM (#103772 - in reply to #103771)
Subject: RE: Why are there no competitors for Brenderups?

Expert

Well, in my opinion if there was such a great market for them(demand) then there would be plenty of competition(supply). I'd be willing to bet there are only a few hundred, if that many sold in a year inside the USA. I live in the "Horse Capitol of the World" and I can't remember the last time I saw one on the road.
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-04-22 5:26 PM (#103778 - in reply to #103771)
Subject: RE: Why are there no competitors for Brenderups?

Expert

The single  Brenderup I've seen in service was at a local show, being pulled by a V-6 mini van. In a couple of decades at larger shows that involve serious travel times to attend, I have never seen this brand of trailer being used. I expect that because it is so infrequently represented, there is little incentive by other companies, to compete against a minimal market.

Europe's high cost of petroleum, because of their high taxation, results in imaginative ways to transport goods using economical methods. Their environment differs from ours; rarely can you travel hundreds of miles at high speeds. There are fewer interstates, many roads are smaller, congested and speed limited. Vehicles are taxed according to engine size, in an effort to reduce speeds and fuel consumption. Any of our full sized pickups would be at a disadvantage, while trying to maneuver through some of the smaller towns.

Even recently, we've not had the fuel costs Europe has typically endured for many years. We are used to the bigger is better mode of travel, more horse power for the wide open spaces. Until our fuel costs are permanently escalated, I doubt that you will see few lasting inroads, of very light weight equipment.

When you can purchase a used 2H trailer for $500 and up, that can be pulled by many sizes of pickups and SUVs, there is little incentive to spend many times that for a minimalist trailer.

I've owned many Volvos in the past and own one now. I would never consider hauling one or two horses behind it, regardless of what the brochures illustrate.

Gard

Edited by gard 2009-04-22 5:46 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World