'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Galena IL Shenandoah Riding Center

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-06-28 10:10 PM
2 replies, 3774 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Angelmay84
Reg. Jan 2008
Posted 2009-04-22 2:01 PM (#103770)
Subject: Galena IL Shenandoah Riding Center

Veteran

Has anyone ever ridden in the Galena territory in northern IL? There's a nice stable that you can overnight at called the Shenandoah riding center. I'm just wondering what the trails are like if anyone has ever been on them. Not only that, but there's a resort and spa right nearby....talk about a nice getaway!
Amanda
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
laurie
Reg. Jun 2004
Posted 2009-06-28 6:38 PM (#107200 - in reply to #103770)
Subject: RE: Galena IL Shenandoah Riding Center

Extreme Veteran

I went a few years ago in the fall. It actually snowed when I was there. The trail map was a little confusing, stable accomidations are nice and it is a great getaway with restaurants and shopping. I go regularly with out horses.
luvarabs
Reg. Jun 2009
Posted 2009-06-28 10:10 PM (#107208 - in reply to #107200)
Subject: RE: Galena IL Shenandoah Riding Center

I live about 35-40 miles from there and used to ride there  occasionally, but just went for the day. When I used to go, they charged $15 for the day when you brought your own horse and you have to show your coggins test. My late sister and I used to go there and ride for 4 or more hours and still never covered all the trails and we felt like we got our monies worth of riding for $15.. The maps are a little confusing but without it you can get lost. I do know they have changed some of the trails over the years cuz some of the trails went through some of the property owners land and the owners didn't like it. I really liked riding there but cuz of family and lack of funds (laid off from job off and on over the last two years) just have never made it back up there. If you come up this way you can also go to Lake-Le-Aqua-Na State Park in Lena,IL. Very nice place to camp and ride. I think it is about 35 miles (or maybe less) from Shenandoah. Worth checking out. These two and Rockwood State Park (a little more challenging to ride than the other two, but still nice riding) in Morrison, IL are all in the range of 35 miles or less from me. The trails at both the state parks are well taken care of and they close them if they get over half an inch of rain.

Edited by luvarabs 2009-06-28 10:19 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)