'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Replacing Gray Water Tank

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-04-13 8:35 AM
3 replies, 2911 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Angelmay84
Reg. Jan 2008
Posted 2009-04-13 7:28 AM (#103259)
Subject: Replacing Gray Water Tank

Veteran

If it's not one thing its another....I dewinterized yesterday to find that my gray water tank is cracked terribly.  It looks like it got murdered by a curb or something. Anyhow, it should be easy enough to replace....right?  Right?  I know it's pretty okay to have gray water leaking, but I don't want it to.  I see tanks for sale on ebay.  Do you just drill a big hole in it where your drains go? It seems like a simple enough installation, I unscrew the old one, it's screwed into the underbelly of the trailer through the lip of the tank, and screw on a new one.  I'm just confused about how to find one with drain holes in the right places.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2009-04-13 7:35 AM (#103260 - in reply to #103259)
Subject: RE: Replacing Gray Water Tank

Expert

Measure the tank and get the dimensions and then you can order one thats a close match from a company that makes tanks

Just google RV holding tanks for a list. but here are few.

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/waste-tanks-rv-toilet-tanks-plumbing-sanitation.htm?source=google&gclid=CIeauPnu7ZkCFRIcawodcCnqRA

http://www.bigdiscountrv.com/plumbing/holding-tank-abs.htm

http://www.tank-depot.com/product.aspx?id=163

Tresvolte
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2009-04-13 8:24 AM (#103269 - in reply to #103259)

When you buy your replacement tank, there will be no hole in the top of it. You will have to remove the stool and the rubber grommet, then you will cut your hole in your tank through the hole, and then re-install your rubber grommet and stool. All of the ones that I have seen work that way. Someone please add to or jump in if you know any more about it than that....
301duster
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-04-13 8:35 AM (#103271 - in reply to #103259)

Veteran

New tanks come blank you'll have to have a "hole saw" to put the new holes in. If it is the gray water you will probably have only one or two openings in the tank around the 2" size?? I would get the dimensions of the old tank, order the new one, make sure its the same when you get it and the take a saw and murder the old one some more. I take them down then cut the top off to use as a pattern for the new one get your holes in the right spot grab some silicone and jack stanks and put the new one up.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)