'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
BISON-CHEROKEE-AMERICAN SPIRIT

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-03-06 6:01 PM
16 replies, 6912 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Buckwild
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2009-03-04 1:38 AM (#100593)
Subject: BISON-CHEROKEE-AMERICAN SPIRIT

ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THESE 3 ??? RUMOR HAS IT, ALL GONE.PROBABLY MORE TO COME IF THE TRUTH BE KNOWN. TRAILER INDUSTRY IS UPSIDE DOWN !!!!...HANG IN THERE BOYS !!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2009-03-04 3:46 AM (#100595 - in reply to #100593)
Subject: RE: BISON-CHEROKEE-AMERICAN SPIRIT

Expert

Buckwild.... You still drinking beer and watching that "BADGER" video on YOUTUBE?  Lighten up on the little guys!!

figero
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2009-03-04 9:11 AM (#100607 - in reply to #100593)

Regular

If you call Bison they are still there , American Spirit say's they will be back. Cherokee why pick on them. Who gains from throw it on the wall and see what sticks? Not the many people who's lives are affected. I understand that this forum is to keep people informed. And, informed people make better choices. But if we do a search on this forum almost every manufacturer out there is going out of business. When something becomes a fact we all need to know it as soon as possible. I did talk with a real person at Bison and they are still working as hard as they can to provide a product for people. By saying they arn't could cause someone not to buy a trailer and the good lord knows we don't need anymore people not buying things because they are afraid.

Edited by figero 2009-03-04 9:12 AM
DD_TrailerMan
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2009-03-04 10:29 AM (#100616 - in reply to #100607)

Veteran

From my understanding, the Bison production facility has been shut down or running on minimal staff for the past few months.  We are doing repairs on a brand new Bison and I have also talked with a real person in the front office.  Who knows how things will shake out but many manufacturers are running well below production and some have shut down production.  That doesn't necessarily mean they are out of business right now.  American Spirit trailers direct from the manufacturer were selling on ebay a few weeks ago so who knows about them.  The true of the matter is that the future is quite foggy for many of the well known brands.  So while I don't agree with the original post, you can't jump all over him and say he is completely wrong.   

Bartley Heath
bartley@DoubleDTrailers.com
Buy Factory Direct at DoubleDTrailers.com

Edited by DD_TrailerMan 2009-03-04 10:34 AM
Buckwild
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2009-03-04 11:09 AM (#100619 - in reply to #100593)

I love this forum...ask one question and you get smacked around.....nice,very nice.

Rumors are rumors, I hate rumors....so I wanted to know the facts. I am not out to make light of people loosing there jobs and stuff like that. Heck, I would not wish that on ANYONE !!....I came to this forum to get the facts. Seems like some people on here just cannot let loose of old habits. It's a dag gone shame...I bet if I ask if GM or Ford or Dodge where going out, I wouldn't get the same response !!!.....can we not just keep it on the subject at hand???...Oh, thanks to the ones who did answer with some good info, the others, my mom taught me to concider the source.

Barfly
Reg. Jun 2008
Posted 2009-03-04 11:12 AM (#100621 - in reply to #100593)

Veteran

If you were in Africa we would put a tyre around your neck and set you alight ----(No not really - but you get my point)

I bought a Cherokee last year and am in constant contact with them as we are busy with an African safari with our Cherokee and so far it has held up very well. So your coments about them are far from the truth, They build an excellent trailer and let me tell you, for it to stand up to our roads and conditions it pretty well need be good.

I would actually advise you to retract your statement - it is plain stupid of you. I see you are new to this forum and quite honestly, if you dont have anything good to say rather shut up..... unless of coarse it is factual....not rumors. Rumors are what looses peoples jobs. If you know something that we dont know that is fact - yes let us know. But this is neither the time nore the place to start krap like this.

end

ponytammy
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2009-03-04 11:41 AM (#100625 - in reply to #100593)

Elite Veteran

How can you group all three into one blanket statement? All three are different manufactures with very different product offerings.

Cherokee is still viable and in business. Been talking to them this week about some minor warranty work. They are standing behind their product and are offering to let me take it to a different dealer to have some work done that is 45 minutes from me versus 3 hours. That sounds like a business still in tact to me.

Buckwild
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2009-03-04 12:27 PM (#100632 - in reply to #100625)

that is good news Pony...thank you
billmrmi
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2009-03-04 1:18 PM (#100635 - in reply to #100593)

http://southbendtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090303/Biz...

Monaco owns Bison.

I doubt you will see Cherokee go anywhere as I don't think they are leveraged.
Intheknow
Reg. Aug 2008
Posted 2009-03-04 4:09 PM (#100657 - in reply to #100593)

New User

Ya know rumors are funny sometimes because those who start them and don't know what they are talking about look kinda stupid, (I am not name calling here) but unless you have facts I would not post. Cherokee is a TOP OF THE LINE trailer and I think will be around for the years to come. I know the economy is bad but only the strong survive as they say.
Wild Bill
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2009-03-04 5:13 PM (#100664 - in reply to #100593)

Regular

If anyone is a member of turbodieselregister.com, you can go into thier web site and click on the forum page, and scroll to page 4 or 5, you can read about what is happening with Monaco.You can decide for your self were thier headed. 
Whisper
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2009-03-04 6:41 PM (#100672 - in reply to #100632)

American Spirit for all intents and purposes is done. I heard this from the ex-sales rep at the NFR this year and from the Millennium Sales Rep that worked the Merhow booth. There have been posts earlier about suspicions regarding this manufacturer... etc. The ebay sales are not rumor but fact and very verifiable. There are many manufacturers and dealers in trouble right now due to the economy and nothing more. Those are lost jobs and families doing without. These times are hard on all and not to be dealt with lightly.
JFT
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-03-04 7:07 PM (#100673 - in reply to #100593)

HEY BUCK WILD! Consider is spelled with one S and one C, not two C's. (go back to your second post.) Also, when refering to your mother you should make the M capital.
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-03-04 9:03 PM (#100685 - in reply to #100673)

Expert

Originally written by JFT on 2009-03-04 8:07 PM

HEY BUCK WILD! Consider is spelled with one S and one C, not two C's. (go back to your second post.) Also, when refering to your mother you should make the M capital.

Horse Trailer World
Board Rules & Policies

Section I.  General Board Rules

You may agree and disagree all you want but this is not a forum for personal attacks or mean spirited comments. 

Please do not criticize people's grammer or spelling.  Not everyone has the same gifts for communication and this is a horse trailer site.

People who use this board to point out other people's communicative deficiencies will have their message or profile removed. 

4.  No defamation of character allowed

billmrmi
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2009-03-05 7:43 AM (#100707 - in reply to #100593)

American Spirit may make it. They have started production again.
DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2009-03-05 1:27 PM (#100733 - in reply to #100707)

Elite Veteran

When things actually happen we will try to post it here.  But I have to say that speculating does no one any real good.  Of course there is a lot of action out there as companies reorganize, merge, and cut back (maybe all three) to survive.

This is good news - and those that are taking action will likely be the ones to survive, so rumors guessing their next moves are misleading at best.

It's the companies doing nothing that I would worry about.

Whether they are horse trailer companies or any other type of companies.

gabz
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2009-03-06 6:01 PM (#100819 - in reply to #100593)

Expert

I think that if folks would stop and think of what might ACTUALLY be happening it might make more sense.

I bet there are manufacturers that have stopped production of some models and may have closed plants temporarily - just like the automanufacturers are doing. Not just US manufacturers either. In Japan, they are down. In Europe they are down and plants are closed.

Design engineers, QC, parts production, etc. will all be slowed or stopped if there is no Research & Development going on for new features or products.

Layoffs for any manufacturer, right now, are inevitable.

All those things do not NECESSARILY mean the company has closed its doors or gone under or is no longer in business.

However, those things could LEAD to a company going down and having to file bankruptcy... which STILL doesn't mean it's closed its doors and gone under. Only that it has to restructure and get out od debt and do things differently.

For anyone shopping for a trailer. I bet you'll find that those companies that have been doing this for a long time will offer a great product for your money and that there will be good deals for those with cash.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)