'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Please welcome Adam Trailers - our newest advertiser

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-10-15 11:10 AM
20 replies, 9027 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2009-01-30 11:54 AM (#98531)
Subject: Please welcome Adam Trailers - our newest advertiser

Elite Veteran

Please welcome Adam Trailers, our newest advertiser.  Celebrating thirty years in the trailer building business in 2009.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gaitin
Reg. Sep 2006
Posted 2009-01-31 8:46 AM (#98580 - in reply to #98531)
Subject: RE: Please welcome Adam Trailers - our newest advertiser

Regular

Dalton Enterprises, manufacturers of the ADAM Trailer are also WERM dealers. I had WERM installed in my trailer in November and they did a great job. Also had a hay rack installed. Adam Dalton and his father Roger are the nicest people to do business with. They are located in Rural Retreat, Virginia just off I-81. No, I do not own an ADAM trailer but after touring their shop and seeing the manufacturing process, my next trailer just might be one.
cocoas
Reg. Oct 2009
Posted 2009-10-07 1:54 PM (#111572 - in reply to #98531)

Love their trailers and they are built great..........we have had some issues and questions and they will NOT respond. Customer service is starting to lack.We thought they were the greatest people in the world as well.........until recently.
RWL902
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2009-10-07 2:22 PM (#111574 - in reply to #111572)

New User

Cocoas,What type of problems are you having with your trailer? Maybe I can help you. E-mail me at delwoodtrailersales@hotmail.com, with your Vin# and what issues you are having.Thanks, Ryan LloydDelwood Trailer Sales, Inc.
gaitin
Reg. Sep 2006
Posted 2009-10-07 2:25 PM (#111575 - in reply to #98531)

Regular

A friend of mine had contacted Dalton about having a trailer made and there was alot of communication back and forth. Roger then told her about a trailer that was instock at a dealer in NC that was just what she wanted and she was able to buy it. After getting her trailer and using it the first time, she had several issues and concerns that needed attention. She made several attempts to contact Dalton Industries without success; no one returned her calls or emails. Very similar situation that has happened to you. What a shame. I guess my business with Dalton Industries was at the right time. I sure hope there is a reasonable excuse for their lack of customer service and it is temporary.
cocoas
Reg. Oct 2009
Posted 2009-10-07 4:22 PM (#111580 - in reply to #98531)

The Adam Trailer is made so good! Our trailer is stunning with hammered copper sinks, beams in the ceilings to make it look like a lodge with leather on the walls and ceilings. Many, Many extra's and upgrades! They are the nicest people you could meet..........but have dropped off the face of the earth! There were issue's with the tires cracking and dry rotting at only 2 years old. The tire manufacture replaced all the tires for free due to faulty rubber......I left a voice and email in regards to this giving them "heads up" that if they have problems it would be taken care of by the tire manufacture.......still no response! This would have only helped them! I also wanted to know if they changed converter companies since ours was acting silly...no response. My phone messages were not threatening but friendly and informative! No response ever!! My last message was to let them know that I was bringing them (or attempting) new business due to how nice our trailer is. Still.........not response. Very disappointing...........the trailer is made incredible and I have not one bad word to say about the quality of the product at all. Just feel dumped and don't understand why.We too went through the plant, went out to dinner with them, met them at quarter horse congress to say hello and hang out. I hope they are ok and not going through something traumatizing in their personal life.
pinkmouse
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-10-07 4:40 PM (#111582 - in reply to #98531)

Veteran

I am afraid  have to agree with cocoas.  I also have an Adams trailer and tried to get someone to talk to me about having WERM installed.  No response.  I tried several times and finally gave up.  I like my trailer, but the customer service needs some polishing up.  And I live in Virginia - only about 1.5 hrs from them!!!!
cocoas
Reg. Oct 2009
Posted 2009-10-07 4:45 PM (#111583 - in reply to #98531)

WOW, I guess personally don't feel so offended now! It is like they all fell off the face of the earth! If you could all see how gorgeous our trailer is! We actually want to sell it only to buy a 4 horse. I would keep all the custom things the same......all the colors the same as well. I would keep the same brand as well.........I'm still scratching my head, customer service is the backbone of a company: ANY COMPANY. I'm sorry there are more people out there like us that feel neglected and that our business is not worth having.
jasonsthe1
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2009-10-08 9:44 AM (#111631 - in reply to #98531)

Don't own a Adams trailer but I have nothing good to say about the owners!! Helped them out in 2007-08 to only get shitted on!! There were things that happened that were out of my control, and I was treated like pond scum, worked on a High $ unit at congress for them, showed them things they had no ideal about and was thrown to the curb! They like to criticize before they know what really went down.
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-10-08 10:06 AM (#111635 - in reply to #111631)

Expert

Originally written by jasonsthe1 on 2009-10-08 10:44 AM

Don't own a Adams trailer but I have nothing good to say about the owners!! Helped them out in 2007-08 to only get shitted on!! There were things that happened that were out of my control, and I was treated like pond scum, worked on a High $ unit at congress for them, showed them things they had no ideal about and was thrown to the curb! They like to criticize before they know what really went down.

Don't like the message, so you shoot the messenger?

cocoas
Reg. Oct 2009
Posted 2009-10-08 10:16 AM (#111636 - in reply to #98531)

I'm really sorry..........What is the old saying "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished" ? I'm sorry you had that experience!What brand of trailers do you like? We want a 4 horse and possibly a slide. Do you like Lakota? How are they built? Prices are pretty good but we are so picky about the welds and such. We want an all alum. trailer 4 horse with 12-15 ft. shortwall and possibly a slide.I truly would have had Roger build me a new one but they just want acknowledge our existence anymore.They have always been great to us..........not sure what is going on. I guess I just need to let go.
Adam Trailers
Reg. Oct 2009
Posted 2009-10-08 3:07 PM (#111645 - in reply to #111631)

New User

You can usually tell what a person is like by the language they use. To complete the story. Adam Trailers had a trailer that was suppose to have had a conversion installed by Jason. As completion time got close we (Adam Trailers) call to make sure things were on schedule, however, Jason never returned the call. To make a long story short Adam Trailers ended up having to go and with much difficulty pickup a unfinished trailer and pay $15,000.00, then totally redue what had been botched up by Mr. Jason. So my question--Who was on the shafted end of this deal???? 

cocoas
Reg. Oct 2009
Posted 2009-10-08 3:49 PM (#111647 - in reply to #98531)

There is always two sides to every story. Dalton Enterprises (Adam Trailers) is a solid company that make incredible trailers! I would take an Adam over any other brand..........We love them.Roger and Bev are true good people. Maybe something happened in the rely of the voice mails to them and emails as well.Look at the quality of their trailers, they put most others to shame. No cookie cutter operation with them.The problem with communication caused: first worry about them, and then it went to frustration. There is always some type of explanation and I have to have faith it was something goofy.
Adam Trailers
Reg. Oct 2009
Posted 2009-10-11 6:22 AM (#111722 - in reply to #111572)

New User

Adam Trailers
Reg. Oct 2009
Posted 2009-10-11 6:24 AM (#111723 - in reply to #111572)

New User

Cocoas, its hard to respond when you never get a call to respond to!!!
Adam Trailers
Reg. Oct 2009
Posted 2009-10-11 6:30 AM (#111724 - in reply to #111575)

New User

Gaitin, it is always possible that a call or even calls could be overlook which is not good. However, what ever happened to calling the Dealer that sold the trialer in the first place. If you purchase a new truck and have a question or problem the first place you would go is to the dealer.

Rockyroad
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2009-10-11 9:27 AM (#111727 - in reply to #111724)

Regular

Originally written by Adam Trailers on 2009-10-11 5:30 AM

Gaitin, it is always possible that a call or even calls could be overlook which is not good. However, what ever happened to calling the Dealer that sold the trialer in the first place. If you purchase a new truck and have a question or problem the first place you would go is to the dealer.

I'm sorry, but this hit me wrong.  It sounds like a typical "it's not my fault" - one of the world's typical put the blame on someone else & I don't have to have any responsibility.  There is NOTHING wrong w/calling a person back & asking they call their dealer, but you have to return the call - that is only good customer service.  I bought a used Silverlite, so have no dealer to deal with - have called Silverlite many times for various things & they have always taken care of me.  Me thinks you need to hire someone to deal w/customer service type calls to bring the service up to the same standards as your trailers.

cocoas
Reg. Oct 2009
Posted 2009-10-11 11:31 AM (#111733 - in reply to #111723)

If you read the above response I noted that something had to happen in the process on some end or another, that you did not get the phone calls. I was actually looking at your side of things in a positive manner, not negative. I'm ready to move forward with all of this and "chalk" it up as some strange reason with cell phones and emails that you never received ANY of the messages. Maybe have your network guy check the Spam folders on the computer systems, the emails might have gone straight into a spam folder without anyone seeing them.I'm not going to respond anymore as I think you realize and anyone reading these, that we are Adam Trailers/Dalton Enterprises hugest fans by now.My point above was that there are two sides to every story: the side I saw was you not responding to one of our phones calls or emails. After speaking to you I see your side: you never got them. We are the last people in the world that you need to be defensive with. You guys are great and your product is one of the greatest out there! Why do you think we want our third trailer from you :) :) :)Take care.
Jeepplr
Reg. Oct 2007
Posted 2009-10-11 9:06 PM (#111748 - in reply to #111636)

Veteran

Originally written by cocoas on 2009-10-08 11:16 AM

I'm really sorry..........What is the old saying "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished" ? I'm sorry you had that experience!What brand of trailers do you like? We want a 4 horse and possibly a slide. Do you like Lakota? How are they built? Prices are pretty good but we are so picky about the welds and such. We want an all alum. trailer 4 horse with 12-15 ft. shortwall and possibly a slide.I truly would have had Roger build me a new one but they just want acknowledge our existence anymore.They have always been great to us..........not sure what is going on. I guess I just need to let go.

My wife and I have a Lakota, we love it.  We bought it a Congress 2 years ago.  My wife is also an airframe and Power plant mechanic, airplane mechanic, she examined every weld and rivet on the trailer along with most other 4 horse trailers with LQ at congress that year, she pronounced the Lakota to be of very high quality.  I had a few issues after our first camping trip, all I can say is the customer service from Lakota was excellent, our next trailer will be a larger Lakota.

cocoas
Reg. Oct 2009
Posted 2009-10-11 10:27 PM (#111751 - in reply to #98531)

A few issues are normal :) Every trailer you buy no matter what brand will have a few issues with the living package. We have owned many horse trailers (until the last two Adam Trailers)of diff. brands and had some little glitch to work out with the living quarters on our maiden voyages and that is to be expected :) :)We are heading to Congress and will be looking over the exact things your wife looks at as well. I want another Adam but we have fun looking at all of the diff. makes and living quarters.Thanks for you input and I really appreciate it!!
cocoas
Reg. Oct 2009
Posted 2009-10-15 11:10 AM (#111883 - in reply to #98531)

We are back from Congress and our opinion still stands after crawling under every make of trailer and checking welds,windows and more. ADAM trailers are one of the best made trailers on the market!!!!!!!!! OUTSTANDING.If you are heading to congress, PLEASE go over to the Adam Trailers and check out everything about them.They have different levels of living packages from simple to extravagant. They do such gorgeous interiors with QUALITY craftsmanship!! So many of the other brands had walls that felt like cheesy and flimsy wood that moved when you pressed on them........not ADAM Trailers!!!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)