'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Another Scam:

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-01-11 1:38 PM
3 replies, 5894 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Meatco1
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-01-04 6:14 PM (#96920)
Subject: Another Scam:

First post, and it has to be about another trailer scam!

I found the ad below on Craigs list, and responded to it ASAP.

In a message dated 1/3/2009 4:53:45 PM Pacific Standard Time:

2 Horse Trailer Shadow 2005 BP - $3800

Date: 2008-12-14, 4:51PM MST

Features:
THOROUGHBRED / WARMBLOOD HEIGHT 7 1/2 ft tall, insulated ceiling, two of the hugest escape doors I have ever seen (do not ever underestimate the importance of escape doors), awesome spring assisted Loading Ramp! Shadow Trailers are all aluminum frames, skins, and floors. Built into Shadow trailers are many features that are standard, not options like other trailer manufacturers such as; insulated ceilings in the horse box making it cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter, and no condensation dripping down on your horse either. Shadow  uses 16” tires that are E-rated to carry the heavier load and are American made so if you do have a service issue you will be able to find a dealer to service you.  They also use 12 inch brakes, not the std 10 inch brakes others use. Every light on Shadow trailers are LED which are brighter, last longer, and draw less current from your vehicle. They don’t use safety chains they use retractable cables making it easier to unhook your trailer. The electrical cable is molded so moisture can’t get around the contacts causing possible lighting problems.

The trailer has a rechargeable battery that you can test assuring that your emergency system is working properly. It also has CAM Latch locks and handles which allow you to open the doors with one hand and one key opens all locks on the trailer. 

Shadow Trailers are made by horse people for horse people like you and me!

Comments:
This trailer is safe to pull, comfortable for your horse, and will look great when you pull into the show.

Standard Features 8” wide, 7’ 6” tall-2 5/16” hitch-Torsion ride axles with electric brakes-Modular wheels with chrome plated ABS lug covers-Hand Crank leg jack with removeable foot-Lined & insulated roof-Stainless hinges on dressing, escape & feed doors-Spare tire on wall rack-Trailer breakaway safety w/battery & charging unit-LED brake/tail & clearance lights-14 gauge wiring in conduit with junction boxes-Drop down feed doors/side windows w/aluminum face guards in escape doors-(Nicest I've ever seen)-Floor mats in horse area-Outside/inside lighting with switches on rear of trailer
••••••••••••••••
48” rubber on butt wall & rear doors-Aluminum head/body dividers w/rotary latches & pads-Padded aluminum breast bar in front stall-Padded aluminum butt bar in rear stall-1 outside tie ring per stall-Dome light inside horse area-Saddle rack (1 per horse)-Bridle hangers-Dressing room-48” short wall-Dome light inside and out-6 hanger bridle bar.

This was the reply I received

"We can make the deal safe for both of us trough eBay.They work like a third party that holds the money safe and secure until the buyer receive and approve the trailer.They will also handle the transfer of funds.

You will have one week to inspect the trailer at your home.

Only with your authorization they will release the funds to me.

I will only deal through Ebay company for both parties protection.

If you agree i will start the transaction with them and also i will need your full name and address where i must ship the trailer.If my trailer will not pass your inspection Ebay will send your money back same day.

I had an accident while i was riding a horse few months ago and now i have auditory problems,i cant use the phone since i cant hear anything,but mail me with your questions.

Thanks again"

I wonder how much this person has stolen from others? 

Meanwhile, I'll keep looking!

Stay alert!

Richard

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Buffy111_99
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2009-01-04 6:40 PM (#96924 - in reply to #96920)
Subject: RE: Another Scam:

Regular

Thanks for the heads up.  Yes, it is the obvious scammer response. 

I have to say that I cracked up when I read line under your signature.  I do love cats, don't own any but thought that line was hilarious!!!!

Meatco1
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-01-04 10:59 PM (#96936 - in reply to #96920)

I see I forgot to include the link to the above posted scam, but here it is now http://flagstaff.craigslist.org/cto/957984005.html

I've notified Craigs list about this, so I don't expect it to be up much longer.

Richard

Rosie Wilson
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-01-11 1:38 PM (#97314 - in reply to #96920)

New User

I questioned this seller as to how she could afford to ship this trailer from California to North Carolina. Here is the reply."I used to work for DAS autoshippers so i will pay for the gas only to ship my trailer to you,i will pay for the shipping back if my trailer will not pass your inspection."There actually is a DAS autoshipper!However, this goes under the heading of "too good to be true".Rosie
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)