'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
horses from guest/dude ranch in Arkansas

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-12-18 9:57 PM
2 replies, 3566 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Horse Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-12-18 7:51 PM (#96244)
Subject: horses from guest/dude ranch in Arkansas

Expert

Does anyone know anything about a dude ranch in Arkansas where approximately 52 horses had to be seized by authorities for neglect? If so,where was this located?My friend in MO says that she knows several people that are interested in adopting some of them,but,the whole thing is now at a standstill for some reason.Any information? Thanks.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
rose
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2008-12-18 8:18 PM (#96246 - in reply to #96244)
Subject: RE: horses from guest/dude ranch in Arkansas

Is this what your friends are interested in?

Arkansas shelter gets custody of horses
Animals stolen from Fayette County farm available for adoption
By Matthew Woo (Contact), Memphis Commercial Appeal
Thursday, July 31, 2008

Fayette County Animal Rescue officials on Wednesday gave an Arkansas shelter legal custody of 11 horses that were stolen from a farm in Williston.

Greg Fett visits horses at a Texarkana foster home. They were rescued when Fett called police after seeing the malnour-ished animals, which were stolen from George Blackburn's farm in Williston, Tenn. Blackburn was found guilty of neglect. Dixie Wilson Special to The Commercial Appeal

Comments
There are no comments yet. Click here to start the conversation!
STORY TOOLS
E-mail story
iPod friendly
Printer friendly
More Greater Memphis
Six months in prison for ex-commissioner Thompson
Holiday manna: Hot meals, warm coats, volunteers await needy at Raleigh church event
CBU names new president
Share and Enjoy [?]
Gina Thweatt, president of the Fayette County rescue group, said she wrote a letter to ARTEX Animal Welfare Association president Dixie Wilson giving her group the rights to the animals.

The horses belonged to George Blackburn, who was found guilty Tuesday of neglecting 17 horses he kept on his ranch.

The animals arrived in Texarkana after George Blackburn's mother, Betty Blackburn, and Emmons Booth stole the horses and attempted to move them to Texas. Texarkana police stopped the two when an employee at a tire shop saw the malnourished animals.

ARTEX rescued the horses and placed them in foster homes. The remaining six are in Fayette County.

"They are all doing fantastic," Wilson said. "They don't look anything like they did when they got here."

When the rescue group seized the horses many were more than 350 pounds underweight and severely dehydrated. Wilson said the horses have responded well to treatment and all are at a healthy weight.

"They are gorgeous creatures and they have really blossomed," Wilson said.

"There are no more traces of hair loss. We're not looking at patches of skin anymore and their coats shine."

Wilson and Thweatt said the horses are now available for adoption.

To adopt a horse

For adoption information, visit the Fayette County Animal Rescue (fayettefcar.com) or ARTEX Animal Welfare Association (artexanimalwelfare.com) Web sites, or call ARTEX at (903) 824-1990 or Fayette County Animal Rescue at 854-2565.

crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-12-18 9:57 PM (#96251 - in reply to #96246)
Subject: RE: horses from guest/dude ranch in Arkansas

Expert

No,I don't believe that is it,Rose.This information that I have altho sketchy,was about some guest or dude ranch,and there are way more horses than these mentioned.There are about 52,and some of them are foxtrotters,some foxtrotter/TWH mix,ect.I am unable to do an internet search about it and come up with anything.I don't know where the story originated just that my friend in MO said that HER friend saw this same question on the Cowgirl Up website (a group that rides in NW Ar) and I have no idea where it came from before that.You know how these things are.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)