'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
may have found a trailer...comments on Titans?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-10-28 12:44 AM
4 replies, 3263 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

jtravis
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2008-10-25 10:11 PM (#93638)
Subject: may have found a trailer...comments on Titans?

Regular

I think I may have found a trailer. It's more than I originally planned on spending, but seems to be a significantly better trailer than the ones for $1000-1500 less. Does any one have any comments/experiences, good or bad, about Titan trailers? It's a 2H slant BP, and will be my first trailer. I've been reading and researching in the hopes that I won't make a choice I regret...so if you have any helpful info I'd sure appreciate it! This is scary that I may actually be about to buy something. Thanks! 

:) Jennifer

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
jtravis
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2008-10-25 11:00 PM (#93639 - in reply to #93638)
Subject: RE: may have found a trailer...comments on Titans?

Regular

I just did a search on the forum for Titans, and I found a long thread about them in May. So no need to repeat if you posted comments there. I was glad to see that most people were happy with the Titan--only one or two were not. The one I'm looking at is an Avalance II. I'd welcome other comments.
calamityj
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2008-10-27 1:15 PM (#93725 - in reply to #93638)

Elite Veteran

We had a Titan Classic II in 2002. It was a 3 horse gooseneck and we put a gorgeous weekender LQ in it with Montana silver pulls and oak floors,etc... WE LOVED IT!!! I'd buy it back today.(perfect. 18' on the box, went anywhere)
gabz
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2008-10-27 5:28 PM (#93740 - in reply to #93638)

Expert

There arseveral "levels" of Titan trailers. Classic is the sturdiest - built to accommodate LQ. then there's the Renegade level - also set up for LQ.. .and the Avalanche series.

The Avalanche are the low end Titan trailer. The frame and "skin" and roof and hardware are pretty much the same - but they will have lower poundage axles, no hub covers, no padding on dividers, etc.

I don't remember which one is the I or II or III (if there is one).  But one grade has full width rear door and slatted sides; one grade has drop down windows on the head side and slats on the butt side, and one grade has drop downs on the head, sliding bus windows on the butt and 2 rear doors.

I have a Titan Avalance GN 3H step up, 4' shortwall. Drop downs on head; sliders on butt side; no rear tack, no padding and no carpeting in DR either - just bare steel interior. 

It's an 2004... It has a few chips where there is rust coloration. I try to keep the back area (wood floors with rubber mats) cleaned up and dry.  For the price I paid - it's a very good trailer with the galvanealed skin / panels. If you live in an area with rain - avoid ANY slatted trailer unless you can keep it stored inside because the rain and snow go inside the trailer and will rust it from the inside out.

I've had it serviced as required and other than having to replace all the roof seam caulk - I'm pleased with it. (In '04, this trailer cost me $8200)

jtravis
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2008-10-28 12:44 AM (#93764 - in reply to #93638)

Regular

Thanks for the comments--I think I am going to get it. I hope it's a good one, because I plan to keep it for a long time. It's a little more expensive than I was originally thinking, but I think I'll be glad I spent a few more $$ to get the nicer trailer. It's the Avalanche II and has the drop-downs on both sides.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)