'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Decorating/cleaning LQ trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-09-18 5:11 PM
4 replies, 3623 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

XXSHORTYXX
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2008-09-17 10:10 AM (#91643)
Subject: Decorating/cleaning LQ trailer

New User

when you go to horse shows do you put party lights or rugs out side of you LQ trailer to make it feel like home ???

and how do you cut down on mud and dirt being tracked in to the trailer???

what is anything you do yo make your trailer feel like home???

also  how do you tie your dogs out with out them getting tangled on everything
???

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
mingiz
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2008-09-17 11:43 AM (#91645 - in reply to #91643)
Subject: RE: Decorating/cleaning LQ trailer

Elite Veteran

I don't show but camp and I do have some horsey lights but I haven't ever put them up. As far as tracking dirt I have a straw type mat at the door. When I camp I have an indoor/out door 6X9 carpet down then a mat.I use a straw mat in the front stall for going in through the bath. I use the stall for storage only. I put a horsey coat rack and some small horsey type plagues in there. I don't tie my dog out. (mini weiner) She is either on my heels or in the trailer. Be carefull about where you hang things to make sure you have a stud behind it. I used those 3m picture hangers for my wooden plagues the kind you can take off later... There's all kinds of stuff you can get but you don't want to make it look smaller than it already is by over doing it...
headhunter
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2008-09-17 11:47 AM (#91646 - in reply to #91643)

Elite Veteran

I put an outdoor rug out to help keep dirt/mud/hay/grass outside.  There are some cool awning lights that are on a cord like Christmas lights that light up your outside area available through Camping World and Rods and such.

The mud and dirt factor is another reason I am a big fan of plain 'ole vinyl flooring in the LQ.  Easy to sweep up at shows and a quick damp mop when you get home cleans it right up. 

A bottle of wine in the fridge makes me feel right at home in my trailer

randemtam
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2008-09-17 12:55 PM (#91651 - in reply to #91643)

Extreme Veteran

I both show and camp.

I have some of those cute horsey lights that I hang on my awning. It is cute and helps with visibility when having a get together. We did many turkey fry's at horse shows. I used to use the indoor/outdoor carpeting but it gets wet and muddy and dogs like to pee on it. I have been using those mats you can get at Sam's and such for the kids play areas that are squares that hook together. These are light and easy to sweep off and store. I also use them in the back of the trailer so I can use the whole horse area without getting my feet icky. A friend has a really nice rug she got from Camping World which is lightweight and allows water to flow through. It is different from the straw type mats....those tend to tear up easily and don't fold up as small. Keeping a small brush and dust pan by the door helps too.

I have some small rugs that I put on the floor and like the other poster said, I use those hooks by 3M that stick to the wall. They work great for hanging a mesh basket in the shower and for hanging stuff on the wall or door. They only work on a fairly smooth surface though.

Adding a few cute throw pillows and a throw on your couch will make it feel more like home too.

Happy camping!

Too L Ranch
Reg. Jul 2006
Posted 2008-09-18 5:11 PM (#91743 - in reply to #91643)

Regular

Our effort to keep the dirt down is, we use a door mat at entry door, and a throw rug inside the trailer. Can just shake both off as needed.

We generally travel with three or four dogs. Put them on a "chain gang" staked out under the awning. Consists of a length of chain with 18" drops (space 5 ft apart), one for each dog. Each dog has their own water bowl. All have been taught not to bark...so it is a quiet, reasonably well behaved group.

Have party lights, but only use on special occasions. Have cowhide pillows with our ranch brand on them and always have plenty of beer in refrig. Makes it home!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)