'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Dogs at Big South Fork?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2012-07-13 9:27 AM
4 replies, 5444 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

TheOtherHorse
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2012-07-12 4:51 AM (#145538)
Subject: Dogs at Big South Fork?

Regular

Are dogs allowed on the trails at Big South Fork? Our dog wears an electronic collar with a one mile range for trail rides. Most places are fine with this. I heard that BSF doesn't allow dogs on trails though ... ?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
robdnorm
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2012-07-12 10:27 AM (#145542 - in reply to #145538)
Subject: RE: Dogs at Big South Fork?

Extreme Veteran

We were this two weeks ago. All the signs I noticed stated they had to be on a leash at all times. 
flummoxed
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2012-07-12 5:12 PM (#145546 - in reply to #145538)

We ride there often and have had no issues taking our (trained and well-behaved) ACD on the trails with us. We've ridden with others who have also brought their dogs. On the other hand we've never seen a Park Ranger on the trails for it to be an issue. Like anything else, if dogs are well-behaved and avoid doing their best impression of Cujo or Goofy I wouldn't think you'd have any problems. (Just don't call me for bail money if you take my advice and happen to get caught.)
Summerset93
Reg. Aug 2010
Posted 2012-07-12 9:42 PM (#145550 - in reply to #145538)

All dogs must be on a leash (Max. 6 feet in length) while in the park. This includes while they are accompanying horses. There is an exception that dogs can be off leash during hunting season when accompanied by a LICENSED hunter and actively following game. When inside a safety zone, the dog must be on leash.Since I live in Tennessee, I can purchase a resident hunting license for $28 per year. This would allow me to take my dog off leash outside safety zones during small game hunting season as long as we were actively following game. Since woodchucks, coyotes and striped skunks are small game, and the season for them is year round, if I could convince the park ranger that my dog was actively following any of those small game animals, I could legally have my dog off leash. Don't know how successful I would be in convincing the ranger that we were actively following game. . . .
mud_dog
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2012-07-13 9:27 AM (#145558 - in reply to #145538)

Regular

Safety first is it worth getting someone hurt so your dog can play.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)