'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Installing window cover in stock horse trailer

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2012-03-22 12:37 AM
2 replies, 8555 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

dragon18
Reg. Mar 2012
Posted 2012-03-21 9:30 PM (#142359)
Subject: Installing window cover in stock horse trailer

New User

Hello,

I've seen this done and was wondering if anyone knows where I can get the appropriate channel to install plexiglass windows over the air openings of an aluminum 2007 Circle J Runabout trailer?  Would love to close it up so I can use it to haul things in the winter, and need the windows to be removable so I can haul the horses too.  ANy advice, suggestions on how to attach the channel, etc appreciated.  Thanks!

-Jamie 

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2012-03-21 11:55 PM (#142364 - in reply to #142359)
Subject: RE: Installing window cover in stock horse trailer

Expert

Various shaped aluminum extrusions are available at most hardware and box box stores. "J", "C" and "F" channels are commonly used for the windows, depending on the application. Most are designed to use with a 1/4" insert, which is commonly used for house hold soffits, but they work just as well with acrylic or polycarbonate windows.

The window material can be purchased less expensively in larger sheets, and then cut  down to size using common wood working tools. Acrylic materials are less expensive than the Lexan's poly construction. However, the polycarbonates are almost indestructable and are less prone to scratching and cold weather breakage.

The track extrusions can be installed on your trailer with blind aluminum "pop" rivets. Various spray lubricants can be used in the tracks, to facilitate the installation and removal of the windows.

dragon18
Reg. Mar 2012
Posted 2012-03-22 12:37 AM (#142365 - in reply to #142359)
Subject: RE: Installing window cover in stock horse trailer

New User

Thanks!  What a helpful answer.  I'm off to the store tomorrow and should be able to find everything I need now.  Much appreciated!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)