'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trails West vs. Titan???

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-09-09 2:51 PM
2 replies, 4208 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

arrestado
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2011-09-09 11:40 AM (#137358)
Subject: Trails West vs. Titan???

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/grd/2572662161.html

Versus

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/grd/2585590084.html

Planning on looking at both of them. Haven't bought a bumper pull in many years. The main difference is the Titan is 7'4" and he already said he'd sell it for $7000. The Trails West is 7' tall and could probably get it for $6000 but needs tires all the way around per the owner.

What do you guys think who own or know anything about these brands? TIA

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
ponytammy
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2011-09-09 12:09 PM (#137359 - in reply to #137358)
Subject: RE: Trails West vs. Titan???

Elite Veteran

I've owned both brands.

Each has their own qualities. The paint on the Titan was more rust resistant than the TW. However, I liked the aluminum roof on the TW.

Titan divider latches are hard to work if the divider gets bowed a little bit and the last telescoping divider will not pull out easily. TW last stall divider is designed to move back against the wall. A much better design than the Titan telescoping divider.

The Rubber lined walls all around in the TW are nice, but very soft and can tear if a horse braces a hoof against the wall. Titan's lined wall are thicker rubber and held up better.

Some folks with TW had some axle issues. Search threads here to read about it. We never experienced a problem though.

I prefer Titan's because our TW started showing rust stains just after a year and the Titan still looked like new when I sold it after three years of use. I also like Titan's swing out saddle racks better as the saddles did not roll off.

So basically it comes down to which one has less wear for the money and the options that appeal to you. Tires will need to be replaced on either one regardless of which one you buy since they are approaching the 5 and 6 year mark.

nd deb
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2011-09-09 2:51 PM (#137360 - in reply to #137358)
Subject: RE: Trails West vs. Titan???

Veteran

I used to own a Titan and really like it.. had it for over 10 yrs and it held up well... well bulit trailer..
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)