'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Truck Washes and Deadly Poison around your horses

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-06-23 9:25 AM
39 replies, 12143 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

GRNMCHNEDAZE
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2011-06-11 10:03 PM (#134768 - in reply to #134755)
Subject: RE: Truck Washes and Deadly Poison around your horses

Extreme Veteran

Originally written by califhorseman on 2011-06-10 10:53 PM

I think pinkmouse needs to take a step back and re-read the posting from streakmaster that started this forum. There was no “sleazy used car salesman” but a gentleman that asked you query the chemical in question. It appears instead of doing just that you chose to attack. I would suggest before sticking your foot in your mouth again JMO investigate the statement(s) and then make a rebuttal if one is required. I for one don’t believe from the above statements he needs your coaching when doing another posting. Greg thank you for your information it only drives my wife and myself do so more research.
Well said. I agree 110%.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
pinkmouse
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2011-06-12 5:21 AM (#134773 - in reply to #134651)

Veteran

And I agree with cutter99, blackcows and wyndancer 100% (on this current posting). These are just opinions people - none of us are 'right' or 'wrong'. We all read things differently and the one thing consistent about Greg's postings (according to crowleysridgegirl) is that all of his postings(past and present)stir things up. If those are the type of responses he is looking for, I'm sure he will use the same approach again. On the other hand, if he wants a different response, something is going to have to change - imo.On a more positive note, I am going to take this to our next marketing and sales meeting so that we can have a lively discussion about it and ensure that any 'informational' messages we send out promote a positive image of our brand. The last thing we would want to do is have our potential customers taking sides against each other - the initial message gets lost.
GRNMCHNEDAZE
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2011-06-13 8:36 AM (#134797 - in reply to #134773)

Extreme Veteran

No, it was you that stirred things up by jumping down somebody's virtual throat. Did you know about the ill effects of HF acid before this post? I didn't--nor did I know about truck stops using it or even car washes.

Like I stated before--if you can't be thankful for the information presented, then move on. The flaming and drama is quite annoying.

I'm not so sure printing this out and taking it to your next meeting would be the best idea for you. Since you expressed that everyone interprets it differently, your colleagues may see it as mere information instead of a way to drum up his business (since there was no mention of streak master in the entire post, or why you should buy it over going to a truck wash). Unless, that is, you take it and give a biased preface as to your perceived history of the original poster, why you think he posted it, and why you think it was a bad idea. All of which will yield a biased response. But I'm sure you're aware of that since you're in "the biz."
wyndancer
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2011-06-13 8:52 AM (#134801 - in reply to #134651)

Extreme Veteran

So I go to the Streak Master website. I poke around looking at the products. Maybe my "man vision" prevents me from finding it, but I didn't find a MSDS for the product. So without that I don't know the risks involved with Streak Master products.
Streak Master
Reg. Jun 2011
Posted 2011-06-13 9:47 AM (#134808 - in reply to #134801)

Originally written by wyndancer on 2011-06-13 8:52 AM

So I go to the Streak Master website. I poke around looking at the products. Maybe my "man vision" prevents me from finding it, but I didn't find a MSDS for the product. So without that I don't know the risks involved with Streak Master products.

Anyone that would like the MSDS for Streak Master Aluminum Cleaner, please email me and I will forward the MSDS

Thanks,

Greg

Streak Master
Reg. Jun 2011
Posted 2011-06-13 10:27 AM (#134811 - in reply to #134797)

Originally written by GRNMCHNEDAZE on 2011-06-13 8:36 AM

No, it was you that stirred things up by jumping down somebody's virtual throat. Did you know about the ill effects of HF acid before this post? I didn't--nor did I know about truck stops using it or even car washes. Like I stated before--if you can't be thankful for the information presented, then move on. The flaming and drama is quite annoying. I'm not so sure printing this out and taking it to your next meeting would be the best idea for you. Since you expressed that everyone interprets it differently, your colleagues may see it as mere information instead of a way to drum up his business (since there was no mention of streak master in the entire post, or why you should buy it over going to a truck wash). Unless, that is, you take it and give a biased preface as to your perceived history of the original poster, why you think he posted it, and why you think it was a bad idea. All of which will yield a biased response. But I'm sure you're aware of that since you're in "the biz."

First of all, Thank YOU. Now if you don't mind I have a little to say as well.

I sell thousands of gallons of chemical online and ship tankers (5500 gallons) of chemical to major horse, livestock, and over the road  trailer manufacturers. Wal-Mart is building car washes all over America. I sell them chemicals because we were proven to be more effective and safer than those they reviewed. (And they reviewed a lot) These are just a couple of my accounts. The reason for this statement is because, I am not desperate to sell anything.

I talk to a mulitude of people in the trailer industry, including ordinary folks, trailer dealers, and manufacturers. Everyone knows the acids can cause burns however, HF acid goes way beyond just burning. And this is something that most people do not know. They also do not know that most truck washes use HF acid. So how would anyone know to ash for a citrus wash. (More on citrus wash later)

I am advertising on the board! I am not asking or have not asked anyone to buy Streak Master products in my post. So quit accusing me of doing so...My main concern is that the majority of the people that own trailers do not know about the dangers of poisonous HF acid and felt it would be good info for this forum. I also felt it to be my humanitarian obligation to share this information.

And for all of you accusing me of foul play and also opening a can of worms, did you research the facts before you jumped all over me? Did I ask you to buy Streak Master? Or did I just give you the facts? Thank all of you that supported this post and the research that it has lead to.

My favorite saying: "At Least The Majority Are still Thinking" and the others  "If I Only Had A Brain"

pinkmouse
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2011-06-13 11:02 AM (#134813 - in reply to #134651)

Veteran

I'm not so sure printing this out and taking it to your next meeting would be the best idea for you.

Actually, GRN…, the discussion with the team would be centered around why cutter99, blackcows, and wyndancer (and myself) responded differently than others did.   The history of the poster and why he posted it would be irrelevant.  I am not looking to win over people to see ‘my side’ of things as you seem to imply with your ‘biased’ remarks (little bit of flaming and drama there??).   As I said, there is no right or wrong.  As perception is the key, understanding what was in the message that causes this type of reaction is important as our marketing team is responsible for putting out informational messages.

And not that you really care, I did know the dangers of HF acid prior to this posting (I work for a company that uses it extensively for metal etching) and I also think it is good information to have.   The issue was not with the info.

GRNMCHNEDAZE
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2011-06-13 11:42 AM (#134815 - in reply to #134813)

Extreme Veteran

Originally written by pinkmouse on 2011-06-13 12:02 PM

I'm not so sure printing this out and taking it to your next meeting would be the best idea for you.

Actually, GRN…, the discussion with the team would be centered around why cutter99, blackcows, and wyndancer (and myself) responded differently than others did.   The history of the poster and why he posted it would be irrelevant.  I am not looking to win over people to see ‘my side’ of things as you seem to imply with your ‘biased’ remarks (little bit of flaming and drama there??).   As I said, there is no right or wrong.  As perception is the key, understanding what was in the message that causes this type of reaction is important as our marketing team is responsible for putting out informational messages.

And not that you really care, I did know the dangers of HF acid prior to this posting (I work for a company that uses it extensively for metal etching) and I also think it is good information to have.   The issue was not with the info.

At this point, you've made your point, the rest of us have as well.

IMHO, its in the best interest of the board to agree to disagree, drop it and move on. We each will do with this information as we please. Hopefully we will all think twice about giving others crap over something they post.

wyndancer
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2011-06-13 3:00 PM (#134819 - in reply to #134808)

Extreme Veteran

Greg,

To be certain, I have no issues with your product and I think you offer a product that I will most likely purchase in the future. I would offer this advice. Put the MSDS's up as a pdf link on your site. Your site uses the term "acid", you need to differentiate your specific acid from others. To the layperson, acid is acid.

gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2011-06-13 5:17 PM (#134822 - in reply to #134651)

Expert

I and many other members of this forum have offered our best advice on many topics. The combined knowledge available from this forum, has been most helpful in my ownership of my vehicles and trailers. Unfortunately there are some members who will disagree with whatever is posted, and try to find fault and place blame with the available information. As a result, there have been many instances of posting members being accused of various maladies, when they are only trying to be informative.

I for one, want to know as much as I can about the products I use. In my working life time, I have used many "industrial" products that are not available to the public, that have caused health problems to many. Anyone who is willing to alert me to the risks, or can recommend a better usage, is fully welcomed in my book. I greatly appreciate the skills and knowledge of others, along with their willingness to share them.

Greg was not selling, he was informing. And for taking the time to make the posting, he is criticised, not thanked by many. I offer an A+ for his thoughtfulness and effort. When a legitimate posting is flamed, it increases the chances of future knowledge being stifled. Few people are willing to endure personal attacks, when their efforts were only intended for the betterment of the forum.

Do we want to shut down the available sources of information by attacking the authors? Aren't we wise enough to not shoot the messengers?

Edited by gard 2011-06-13 5:20 PM
cutter99
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2011-06-13 6:18 PM (#134823 - in reply to #134651)

Extreme Veteran

I don't think he was being criticized for the information he was delivering- I think it was the way it was delivered. My hackles went up immediately because of the way the information was stated.

I work in sales and marketing as well and have had extensive sales training throughout my career. I have never felt the need to come across aggressively against a competitor's product- I can sell the merits of my product and do not need to say something negative about someone else's to get the job done. I have encountered other salespeople who will out and out LIE in order to make a sale, so please forgive me if I look at things from a jaded point of view.

I saw the poster's username and immediately thought this was someone trying to sell a product, not just provide useful information. I still have never heard of anyone's horse having a problem from it!

Just offering up the reasons for my reaction!

crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2011-06-19 11:56 AM (#134960 - in reply to #134823)

Expert

I didn't read him coming across against any particular product,by brand NAME,that he mentioned.

PinkMouse,he didn't stir things up the first time he came on this forum.He was asked by the forum moderators to come on in preview of his products and the ad that he was paying for on HTW.It was some posters that are no longer on here (and that's a good thing,because,they were RUDE to the maxx,to him,Gard,and several others just because they could be for a while) who came down on him about his products and expected him to pick his own product to pieces in order to try to sell it.

This isnt' Topix,you know.If you want to get ugly about it,go on there on your own hometown and blast away.I like Streakmaster products,they work as promised,and,that's enough for me.I don't care how he pushes it,it's his company.

Edited by crowleysridgegirl 2011-06-19 11:58 AM
califhorseman
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2011-06-19 5:02 PM (#134969 - in reply to #134651)

Regular

When I decided to put my two cents in was after I thought was a rude response to someone that had something to offer in the way of information. What you decide to do with that information is purely up to you. The one thing I think that came out of all of this was it made a few others besides myself think and maybe do a little research about products they use.
Streak Master
Reg. Jun 2011
Posted 2011-06-23 7:44 AM (#135066 - in reply to #134823)

I did not say any horses were having problems. I only stated facts about the poisonous chemicals used at the truck washes. And just like asbestos, how many people and animals are effected right now and the damage surfacing years from now. I only stated the facts and it is up to you to do the research.
robdnorm
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2011-06-23 9:25 AM (#135069 - in reply to #134651)

Extreme Veteran

I noticed on your website that you buy a gallon that will make twenty gallons.  What's the best way to apply to the lower part of an aluminum trailer?  I am wanting to brighten the non painted aluminum lower portion of my trailer. 
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)