'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
ROYAL T horse trailers?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-11-28 5:22 PM
5 replies, 13723 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

AQHA13
Reg. May 2010
Posted 2010-05-16 1:42 PM (#120231)
Subject: ROYAL T horse trailers?

New User

Can anyone tell me about this brand? I ran across this trailer: http://www.equinehits.com/2007.royal.t.competitor.bp~44498 It's a 2007 Royal T Competitor BP (according to the sellers) However, the Royal T website calls it an HS model. Seen here: http://www.royalttrailers.com/competitorhs.html I can't find any information besides on the web page shown above, and that isn't much help... ANY comments or information regarding this brand would be helpful. I was also wondering about aluminum trailers, are they safe? How well do they hold up to use? Again, any info would be much appreciated!

Edited by AQHA13 2010-05-16 1:44 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
jackbrat
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2010-05-16 2:21 PM (#120232 - in reply to #120231)
Subject: RE: ROYAL T horse trailers?

Elite Veteran

I think Royal T is made by the same people as Classic? They sure look and are built the same.
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2010-05-16 5:46 PM (#120236 - in reply to #120231)

Expert

They are not the same company, They are located in the same general area. I suspect there was a certain amount of copying ideas. RoyalT parent company makes semi truck trailers. So they do have experience in building truck trailers. Horse trailers are a new market.
compadrre
Reg. Nov 2010
Posted 2010-11-27 1:23 AM (#127487 - in reply to #120231)

New User

royal t trailers are made in the about the same place as classic trailers and one other company i forget the name. the guy who started this company about 3 years ago is the son of a man who has been making trailers for semis for 20 years if you go to the royal t website and click about us he says hes been in the business for 20 years, WRONG 3 years for making horse trailers. from word of mouth at horse shows and trailer expos i learned that he took the best qualities of the two companies and basically copied they're two designs which is why they look so much like classic trailers. they are very well made they are all aluminum with a wood floor and a fiberglass roof. i am hopefully about to purchase a four horse competitor gooseneck i have done some research and am very pleased with what i have read and seen. the only thing i dont like is that the guy lies on his website. but that is it :) aluminum trailers are safe for the horses they are lighter so you can pull them with a lighter truck and still be safe but they do dent easily so dont hit anything with them they will hold up for as long as you take care of them as aluminum does not rust. with steel no matter how good you take care of it it will always rust my trailer is 4 years old and already has rust (its steel)
hope i helped goodluck
jackbrat
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2010-11-28 1:51 AM (#127509 - in reply to #120231)

Elite Veteran

Funny- I think I remember hearing  over the summer that Classic went out of business not due to the economy, but because of some "dispute" of some kind between the owners of the company? Also, I remember hearing mentioned ( and this was at the Western States Horse Expo-coming from a Classic Rep to a customer) Now don't quote me but I do remember him saying something like;  some of the employees ( that used to work for "Classic") did go to work for Royal T trailers? Anyways, There WAS some kind of "involvement" from Classic and Royal T trailers. I wish I did pay more attention to what the Rep was saying because I was also wondering about this exact thing myself since I did buy a "Monarch Classsic" trailer back in 2006.

Anyways, A nice trailer though. I just wished I had bought a 7'6" tall with the 5' short wall area up front.( I have a 2 horse GN with a 3' short wall )

Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2010-11-28 5:22 PM (#127541 - in reply to #120231)

Expert

Royal T was around for a year or more before Classic or Circle J went out of business.  You see the influences of both companies on Royal T products. The old saying that copying is the sincerest form of flattery.  I had a Classic Monarch for 5 years and thought it was a great trailer.

I hope AQHA13 bought a trailer last May and isin't still researching trailers.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)