'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trailer brake problems

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-11-11 11:31 PM
1 replies, 2785 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

pavetim
Reg. Nov 2010
Posted 2010-11-11 9:01 PM (#126963)
Subject: Trailer brake problems

Ok can someone help me please I have a 95 hart 4 horse slant load trailer and was having prob with brakes not working at all.  I took them apart and they were bad out of adjustment and needing replaced.  I replaced all 4 shoes and adjusted them.  now when I set my Tekonsha brake controller and test brakes at 25 and use the manual lever you can feel brakes grab abit (setting 6) and when you come to almost a stop it locks them up.  So if I back down the setting to 5 it don't lock them up but don't feel like the brakes are stopping the trailer.  All this with empty trailer.   Now I hauled four horses yesterday and tried to adjust brake box and had it set to like 9.3 and you can feel the brakes grab and pulsate when you push manual lever all the way but thats at damn 9.3 so I know when I stop on brakes it isn't slowing truck down.  Am I missing something or whats going on with my brakes?  Thanks.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2010-11-11 11:31 PM (#126969 - in reply to #126963)
Subject: RE: Trailer brake problems

Expert

http://www.tekonsha.com/product/faq.asp Q.) No braking with brake pedal, but OK with manual lever.A.) Possible causes:1. Control not leveled properly 2. No power on Red wire of the control when brake pedal is depressed. 3. Faulty control.

Edited by PaulChristenson 2010-11-11 11:32 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)