'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Sewage Hose...What to Buy?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-06-04 9:14 AM
2 replies, 2988 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

blackcows
Reg. Mar 2010
Posted 2010-06-03 9:21 AM (#120876)
Subject: Sewage Hose...What to Buy?

Extreme Veteran

Went to Camper World yesterday to find a sewage hose thinking they would have one or two...they have an entire section dedicated to sewage with hoses, connections, all kinds of stuff from $10 to $200.  I have an 8 ft SW LQ with toliet, shower, and sink...it will be very rare to use the shower mostly just toliet use at day horse shows.  Will dump at a Flying J most of the time.  What do I need?  What might I want?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2010-06-03 10:20 AM (#120882 - in reply to #120876)
Subject: RE: Sewage Hose...What to Buy?

Expert

Purchase a good quality hose assembly of an adequate length and fittings' durability. Do not purchase an inexpensive product that will fail when it is first used. If you will dump at various campsites and show grounds, consider a universal kit that includes the various adapters. Not all the sites have the same equipment. Bring some disposable gloves, toilet chemicals and RV toilet paper.

Flush the toilet a few times before using it, to ensure adequate water and chemicals are in the tank. When you dump the tank, add extra water before hand, to make sure the tank fully flushes the solids.

After you have used the various dump facilities a few times, you will have a better understanding of what will be needed. You can then fine tune your equipment for what is exactly appropriate. There are many accessories available that may be needed, while others will languish in your garage. Try things first before purchasing one of each

Flooper
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2010-06-04 9:14 AM (#120893 - in reply to #120876)
Subject: RE: Sewage Hose...What to Buy?

Veteran

Everyone has their own preference, and there are many good hose kits out there. But of all the ones I've tried, I like this one the best:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/rhinoflex-swivel-rv-sewer...

I've had it for over a year now, and have never had any problems with it at all. it has never leaked, come unhooked, or gotten any tears or rips. Very easy to use, too. I love it!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)