'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Lining the walls of new trailer?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-11-28 6:36 PM
2 replies, 4105 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Fenika
Reg. Nov 2010
Posted 2010-11-13 7:07 PM (#127038)
Subject: Lining the walls of new trailer?

New User

Hello.
I just purchased an Adams stock/combo with a removable divider. I could wrap something around the divider (any tips for what's best? And the chest/butt bars?), but for the walls I will have to spray something as I don't want to bolt anything down. I saw a rubber spray at Lowe's today, but it said it was easy to remove, which made me worry it would peel.

Has anyone had any success with spraying rubber or something on the walls? What brand? The interior has the support beams on the inside, so I need something cushy. I'd also like to do some of the beams on the roof as I had a horse scalp himself in my last trailer, despite wearing a head bumper!

Lastly, I was thinking of putting a little paint on bed liner near the bottom to protect from mild kicks. The metal floor comes up a little along the edges and I think a little bed liner would protect hooves and trailer.

Any thoughts or tips?

Cheers.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Fenika
Reg. Nov 2010
Posted 2010-11-28 6:20 PM (#127544 - in reply to #127038)
Subject: RE: Lining the walls of new trailer?

New User

*bump*

I got one pm, but I'm interested to hear what others say.
PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2010-11-28 6:36 PM (#127546 - in reply to #127038)
Subject: RE: Lining the walls of new trailer?

Expert

Originally written by Fenika on 2010-11-13 8:07 PM

Hello. I just purchased an Adams stock/combo with a removable divider. I could wrap something around the divider (any tips for what's best? And the chest/butt bars?), but for the walls I will have to spray something as I don't want to bolt anything down. I saw a rubber spray at Lowe's today, but it said it was easy to remove, which made me worry it would peel.Has anyone had any success with spraying rubber or something on the walls? What brand? The interior has the support beams on the inside, so I need something cushy. I'd also like to do some of the beams on the roof as I had a horse scalp himself in my last trailer, despite wearing a head bumper! Lastly, I was thinking of putting a little paint on bed liner near the bottom to protect from mild kicks. The metal floor comes up a little along the edges and I think a little bed liner would protect hooves and trailer.Any thoughts or tips?Cheers.
Old sports medicine boots are great for emergency wraps around butt and chest bars...5x7 mat... http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplies/prod1;;pgha1050_ha1055.html variable length option... http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplies/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10052...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)