'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Opinions: 2 H Slant Load Bumper Pull

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2012-03-26 10:45 AM
4 replies, 4557 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

labnut2
Reg. Mar 2012
Posted 2012-03-25 5:17 PM (#142472)
Subject: Opinions: 2 H Slant Load Bumper Pull

I sure would appreciate your opinion regarding manufacturers and models? I'm going to be purchasing a 2 H Slant Load Bumper Pull horse trailer in the next 2 months. I've been looking at slant loads because I do want a tack room but would like to minimize the overall trailer length. I'm currently considering the Sundowner Sportman, Hart Medallion or Ultimate, 4-Star Runabout or 11 x 7 and Featherlite 9409 or 9551. I'd appreciate other recommendations. The trailer would be pulled by either a 2002 F350 dually diesel or a 2006 Toyota Tundra. Initially the trailer would be used on shorter trips but after my wife retires it would be used to travel from our home in Fairbanks, Alaska to Texas (4500 miles) in September and return in May.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
cutter99
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2012-03-25 5:27 PM (#142473 - in reply to #142472)
Subject: RE: Opinions: 2 H Slant Load Bumper Pull

Extreme Veteran

I have a Hart Medallion 4 horse slant gn with a small living quarters and I love the quality. It has a ton of little things about it that you wouldn't expect- padding above the entry door into the horse area, tons of lights, running lights on the fenders. It is also the best pulling trailer I have owned- I have also pulled 1 Elite with living quarters, 1 Elite without living quarters, a Hart without living quarters, and a Trail-Et.
ridingarocky
Reg. Aug 2008
Posted 2012-03-25 9:02 PM (#142481 - in reply to #142472)

Elite Veteran

I have an '07 Hart medallion 2 horse slant loan with collapsible rear tack and front dressing room. I have loved this trailer!..I can't say enough nice things about it. Due to it's fiberglass roof, It is significantly cooler inside the trailer than outside on a summer day....A definite plus in South Texas.. As much as I have enjoyed it, however, I have made the decision to find a good brand gooseneck because I am getting too old and crotchety to camp on the ground in a tent, and I usually go alone, and would feel better in a lockable enclosure..
n2stitch
Reg. Jul 2010
Posted 2012-03-25 9:28 PM (#142483 - in reply to #142481)

I also have a Hart and I can't say enough good things about mine, either.  I must have looked at 20 different trailer brands (in person) and thought it was the best-built out of them all.  I've had mine for 2 years and am very pleased with it.
Krista W
Reg. Feb 2012
Posted 2012-03-26 10:45 AM (#142498 - in reply to #142472)

The Hart Trailers are a very well made trailer. Another manufacturer you might want to look into, if you like the Harts, would be a Cimarron trailer. They have a lot of similarities to the Hart trailer, and will be one of the closest comparisons to them. They have great structural features like a hail resistant roof, insulated roof panel, 4" Centers on their crossmembers, square post tubing, 5 hinge rear doors, and great features! For a quality trailer these two manufacturers would be great to look into.

There are some Cimarron 2 Horse Bumper pull models that you can look at on http://www.nrstrailers.com/

Let me know if you have any questions on them and I will be happy to help.

thank you

Krista Wade

Edited by Krista W 2012-03-26 10:47 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'